Council of 9 (includes "Elephant" map!) Olts, 8/6/

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Council of 9 (includes "Elephant" map!) Olts, 8/6/

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:42 am Post subject: council of 9 Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
we keep wiping on this junk, especially because the damn councilmembers always attack the clerics.

anyone see a major mistake in this strat? place clerics at doorway, than ramp tank pulls avatar to first room. knights tag members as they become active and pull them to the room avatar was in first. raid switches to them, burns them.... rinse and repeat. all curers beside main healers spam cures on melees...

for some weird reason members run all over the place last try, even when they were properly tagged and aggro was established.

c.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Does he still AE Rampage?

Originally he single target rampaged, then when they fubared a bunch of mobs in a patch, he AE paged and did not single target page. I'm wondering if they changed it back or left it.

My guild used to tank the council adds in the huge room, against a wall - as far away from the clerics and avatar (we positioned those exactly where you stated) as possible. It helped out a lot.

PS: Pull him with dispell and get a cripple on him immediatly. He casts a self haste / ac / attack buff (like many mobs in DoD) that only cripple will block. I don't know if they changed that, but he originally did. Getting rid of it lowers his dps a lot.

Bagar the Sexy the Sexy & Cleric Box
Retired, but not forgotten Smile

varutia
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Positioning helps a lot in this fight, took us a few attempts to work down little details. Once you have positions down and it is just a matter of clerics holding up the heals on the big dude. Plus rest of raid intercepting the add, he become much easier to debuff once he split first time.

Ashrem
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:28 am Post subject: re Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
pulling avatars anywhere near the healers = wipe, the avatars cast aoe silence, with a pretty huge range, we have the tank and the clr's line up in a cubby to the right of the archway thingy facing the main mob, then we have the offtank sit just inside the arch, and agro as soon as one becomes active, we keep 2 GRC for the tank to cast GRC to remove silence so he can proc, and keep agro.
Zek
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=58420
http://www.ascendingdawn.com

Anngelus
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Do not know if this is an issue or not, but we have had some problems with members having Levitation of any kind, and them standing on the way (for heighth) and the add would warp right onto the clerics and MT. So we have banned levi and make sure no one is standing on the walls. Not sure if this is the issue or not, but figured I would post it

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
we have won Co9 only once yet focused to get all raids done to get our strats aligned and start flagging.
we pulled boss in front room having raid and clr positioned near ZI and cornered boss opposite side of room.
councilmen were agroed by knight inside the hall where all councilman ar standing - pulled to the nearest wingroom and killed them as fast as possible - raid was standing at the doors to the wingrooms - only offtankgroup and melees inside wingroom.
On 4th attempt this strat worked and we got boss down.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Since positioning really is important, and it's hard to give a good decsription, i've made you a picture.

Kneesmasher
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
That's not how we place them but I guess the concept is the same...avoid the silence with your positioning.

Check the range on the silence and set up to avoid it at all times. Seems like range is 100. Problem solved. It can also be resisted somewhat easily.

"Never Mistake Kindness for Weakness"

Iliandra
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Not to derail... it isn't my intention.. and I have nothing useful to say about the topic as I have never done it..

But Bagar the Sexy the Sexy's pic looks remarkably like the rear view of an elephant....

/derail off

Ashrem
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:13 am Post subject: re Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Our strat is almost exactly like Bagar the Sexy the Sexy's pic, except the main mob is the opposite corner away from ZI, clr's are parked roughly where main force is, everyone else is along back wall or near the wall where he has the adds tanked, it's roughtly the same. The most important part of the strat is keeping the clerics out of line of site of the adds, the adds *WILL* wipe the raid if they're brought within LoS of the clerics.
Also to note, 9 starts an incredible dps powerhouse, and a tank can get 1 rounded, we have everyone that can spotheal the main tank to make sure he surives through the first 3-4 adds, because as adds are killed the avatar of the council (main mob) looses dps, hits slower, not as hard etc. Our dps is told to go basically apeshit at the beginning on adds because of the effect it has on the main mob.
One other thing, the silence *can* be resisted but you need like 530+ mr to resist it, so our offtank usually burns infusion for the first couple of adds so the dps can do their thing, and as i've mentioned we have 2 GRC casters (we use paladins) on the add tank at all times, if he call silence, people back off, both GRC casters cast (takes 2 casts of it to remove it) get the tank cured, then we keep going.
If you can manage to get past the first 3-4 adds you pretty much have council in the bag as long as nobody makes a mistake and pulls and add anywhere within LoS of clerics/healers.
Zek

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
great input guys. thx. we probably will try bagaRs elephant rear strat the next time Smile

caero and olts

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hmm - I was OT on our Co9 tries and I don't rember beeing silenced, although I don't have my resis maxed - but could be that a bard was playing MR resi and it got maxed this way - MR 600 may handle the AE.
But keeping me alive was a hard job for my healers (got 1 clr 1 dru 1 shm assigned).
Will be interesting when we do our flagruns for Co9 - was 2 months ago and we geared up substantialy.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Iliandra wrote:
Not to derail... it isn't my intention.. and I have nothing useful to say about the topic as I have never done it..

But Bagar the Sexy the Sexy the Sexy's pic looks remarkably like the rear view of an elephant....

/derail off

As you can see, i'm a professional Microsoft Paint artist. I am glad you noticed the subtle hint of an elephant's buttocks that I added to that illustration, and am glad someone else appreciates the beauty of my works.

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
if it works i will praise ya all day, Bagar the Sexy the Sexy the painter Smile

olts

Ashrem
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:32 am Post subject: re Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
They definately silence

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=19227

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=7324
Zek

Valya Wanderfoot
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I've been silenced on that event. More often I was one of the curers. I was usually not an OT unless things got wacky, although I had fun with the slayage when I could. I spent a lot of time curing. We more or less used the "elephant's rear" positioning, but in reverse. BTW, an elephant's rear is a good symbol for this event, which is a huge pain in the butt.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
The adds do silence. With 600 MR (what I had with DoD click and GoD) it's pretty easy to resist though. I'd say I resisted 85-90% of the time.

Hulkling
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
its an indoor zone, so walls will block the nasty silence/mega-slow AE from the adds. So position the adds on the other side of the wall, but close enough that healer and curers are still in range (cures and heals do not require line of sight). Also, infusion of the faithful works great for resisting the AE silence/slow
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Crusaders' Warhall