MPG Raid Trial Chat (ZsaZsa, 1/30/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

MPG Raid Trial Chat (ZsaZsa, 1/30/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:55 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

dpawson
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:55 pm Post subject: MPG Raid Trial chat Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Our alliance has been taking a pretty solid stab at the MPG raid trials for the last month or so. 4 down, 2 to go. Without looking for any huge spoilers, a few thoughts and questions...

- Hatred went down first. That seemed pretty straightforward, really, once we found a plan we liked.
- Corruption was hysterical. Little plan required other than picking the classes that annoyed us and singling them out first.
- Adaptation. This seemed like not a big issue of strategy, more a question of whether our gear/AA's were up to the task. It looks like just barely yes Smile
- Endurance. We beat this one this weekend on our 3rd attempt or so, but had some thoughts and questions here. It seems like most mobs have some weakness. The defenders mez. The champions root. The discordlings have about 8 hp. The lightning warriors don't hit particularly hard. The antagonists... hmm. Is there some trick to the antagonists that we haven't noticed? Someone suggested their resists seemed pretty poor. We also had an interesting experience in that our plan was to mez the defenders and keep them that way, and after a while of that, we had an extended period of time where no new adds spawned at all. Just as we got all cocky and concluded there can only be X adds at a time and we clearly had them all mezzed, a discordling popped and ate a few people, and there was a flurry of adds, until things died down again. Are we onto something here? It obviously isn't quite as simple as "only X adds at a time", but there is something funny going on. Waves of some sort? Finally, they seem particularly obnoxious in terms of aggro when they spawn. Are they doing the typical MPG trial stunt and heading for whoever zoned in first?
- Foresight. We've tried this one twice. It'll take a few more. At least. Bottom line this is going to be about following directions and paying attention, but amongst all that it does seem like the dragorns act sort of funny in terms of aggro. Chain stunning was not necessarily getting me aggro from the dragorns. Is there something weird going on here? Any reason to pay any attention to the dragorns aside from the one you are killing?
- Specialization. We haven't tried this one, so don't necessarily want much info. Just a high level, "here is basically what happens" would be fun. On the order of, "Adaptation is just killing one mob, but it changes form and each form has tricks and weaknesses". A few people refer to it as "the 6k aoe one", and that's all I know at this point.

Thanks in advance. These have been quite fun so far, and I don't even think that's entirely because we're blowing through them pretty easily Very Happy

Kithar
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Specialization probably has less to it than any of the other trials, it's pretty straight forward though it can be rough. One big mob, hits hard, big AE, and you kill him.

varutia
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Specialization actually turned out to be an easy one for us. If you have enough clerics, you could easily brute force this fight.

Foresight was not too bad for us, audio trigger helps a lot here. The agro from Dragorns are heavily proximity based I think. So keep your distance and you should be fine on that.

Endurance we probabably had most trouble, some of the things in this trial don't happen until you get to certain point of script, so take extra adjustments. Be prepared for the muramites that start to spawn half way into the scripts, they probably are the most annoying adds.

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Specialization - Infussion helps a lot and keeping all MGBs of healers for this trial. Use mgb Alendar from the encs and keep all bst mgbs up for this trial. Figure out what different AEs he is doing and what this will mean to your dps and you have more than 50% banked. A good push control will ease the rest.

Endurance - 2 Warriors on each named. As no one has to do really damage - let'm all mem their heals. Mezz the defenders, kill the discordlings (high dps mob with low hp) AND HERE COMES the WINNER - OFFTANK the rest. The offtanked mobs will despawn after a while and new ones will repop - but for the time you offtank them - they are under controll.
The adds run at rs5+ and you will often be snared by the AE so position all rng, bst, war around your healer and use non enc casters as "decoy" infront of encs - you don't bother about a wiz/mag/nec to die to keep an enc up.
We did it last night - went smooth - 2 tank groups on nameds, healers in 2 camps protected by offtanks - on inc of adds - palas chase them down, mezz or offtank - settled, rezz, heal - adds despawn - rince repeat with palas chase them down. We never had more than 3-4 downs at a time and allways plenty of time to rezz. All CLR, DRU are asigned on the MTs.
SHM, RNG, BST, PAL are healing the offtanks.
Palas pull their offtanked mobs away from players to prevent any interactions. Discordling hits 2k-ish (no prob for pala as they go down fast), antagonists hit up to 2k (ot-ing pala should not be the lowest one), champions and muramites hit max 1k (no pala in raid trials should have problems with those) - all mobs are stunable!!!

tuathadendannan
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
we're doing foresight now and got to he last dragon at 55% I think, some questions though.... should you range the dragons? and it seems that maybe the more you kill the faster the emotes come if thats true then bringing them all to 10% or so and then killing them would be the way to go.... any thoughts or help?
thanks

joks
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Not sure if emotes speed up over time or as the dragorns die. Even at high speed, it's possible to avoid just about everything, just need to move smart - need a certain feeling for the timing. Having an audio trigger set definitely helps as well..

About specialization: Look up the boss on allakhazam, and inspect the AE's. All you need to know is right there. No tricks to the fight.

Joslynn
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
No, the emotes don't speed up. You've got roughly 30 emotes to go spread out over a raid fo 54 people, when people die, the less people it has to "spread" the wealth of emotes. So it appears that they go faster

There's various different tactics guilds use on Foresight, some run to avoid the room AE's where others just take that hit and heal as they go. But of course there's more than just that Razz

Sondil
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Foresight we nicknamed Simon Says. Basically follow the emotes and don't die and you will win. Of course thats easier said than done Razz

Caladel
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Forsight should be trivial now with audio triggers.

Endurance what others said Kill the discordlings, mes what messes, offtank but do not kill anythign else.

Specilization i cant remember wtf that one is, im guessing it was the one in the NW corner of znoe. Straight up fight with an ae. Heal ae, kill mob, save princess.

Valya Wanderfoot
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
the thing I noticed most about Foresight is that it got a ton easier when I coincidentally upgraded my computer while we were doing MPG trials regularly. The event is very sensitive to your response time, and crappy computer / connection is a big (and non-skill related) part of that. Unfortunately it's not very fixable - you can't tell everyone to go spend $$ to beat a particular event, LOL - might be helpful to get folks to set all options to minimum lag for the fight tho.

I don't remember doing anything special to the dragorns in terms of holding agro, I think it was prox. based, but I was never assigned to do anything to them, my main role was group healing in that fight.

Rredd
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Foresight = All old models except yours if you need mounts, low detail textures, reduce resolution, shownames off etc etc. Anyone who complains of lag in this zone most likely has some things they could turn down/off to improve things.

Rredd

dpawson
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
When we eventually beat Foresight, it was a combination of a few things...
- DPS increasing
- A nice set of audio triggers published by an officer that helped some people pay attention
- Playing with the order we killed the dragorns, which provided mild improvements
- Playing with when we would choose to ignore room emotes
- Chain stunning the dragorn we were meleeing to try to reduce melee deaths, as their aggro was a bit weird.

I expect at least a bit of luck was involved, too.

Zsa

Kneesmasher
Cavalier

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
By the way, many of the lessons learned in Foresight are utilized later on in various raids. Emotes telling you to do this or that and if you don't you get hamnmered seem to be here to stay so best to learn it now!

"Never Mistake Kindness for Weakness"

Glormane
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I need a few tip on Corruption please, as a potential spotter for raid Rogues and Chanters. Do I make a list of names of rogues that can spawn and spam it til I get a target?

Is there a command like %t but tells you its class?

Any tips would be appreciated, we keep wiping on the last round.

Custofus
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Glormane wrote:
I need a few tip on Corruption please, as a potential spotter for raid Rogues and Chanters. Do I make a list of names of rogues that can spawn and spam it til I get a target?

I would personally just suggest getting a list of the names of each class you are set up to spot. Make a hotkey for each of those /target (insert rogue name).

dpawson
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
There is a fairly short list of names, so you could probably do that. I always just found they were pretty obvious looking, and some of their names "sounded rogueish to me", so if I just stood facing them as they charged and tapped at my cycle targets key, I managed to find a rogue pretty quickly. I never resorted to a hotkey using names or anything like that.

Zsa

Iliandra
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
The mob names and races are always the same per class in that trial. I found myself finding the Guildies with LD over their names and going that way... the enchanter HAD to be near there.

I hated the rogues in that trial.

Draglin
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Glormane wrote:

The class's are all pretty much weilding thier epic 1.0

Draglin Stoneshield'dhe * Orsini Wizard
Xegony Server

tuathadendannan
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
our guild used /shownamesoff it helps a ton in there and I believe rouges all wear black but its been awhile

Lamini
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
its not that theyre not paying attention to emotes that wipe raids. wait, actually that is. afk's kill peeps. if youre there and not afk, its hard NOT to die if youre following emotes.

Return to Crusaders' Warhall