Arch Magus (Brittany, 7/25/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Arch Magus (Brittany, 7/25/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

brittany seleana
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:53 am Post subject: Arch Magus Vangle Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Dunno if anyone knows or is willing to part with the information, but was hoping someone could solve the mystery for me with AMV.

Is there actually a Rhyme or Reason to the adds or is it completely random?

Seems sometimes we get lucky and get very few adds and sometimes they just pop all the time. I cant tell if its based on the Dps on the Focus or just plain dumb luck.

Brit

Brittany Se'Leana - 70 Paladin

Bruennor
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I think its dumb luck. Its why its usually a good idea to set up about 8 or 9 of your highest dps folks on vangl, and have everybody else kill adds.

varutia
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Somewhat random with my experience, all you really have to do is burn AMV and switch to add when they spawn, then repeat and rinse. The first one or two adds usually take a while to spawn, so burn up front rather than later.

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
we have a rogue group with a shm epic 2.0 to max dps AMV
rest of raid is engaging AMV till add spawns - focus on add - burn add - kill AMV.
AMV is down in less than 2 mins and we mostly have 3 adds at all - one after the other - first directly on engaging AMV

Ashrem
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:47 am Post subject: re Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We root park adds with a paladin, paladin, paladin, paladin, enchanter, druid group. Our dps isn't missed on amv, chanters tash the adds, druids snare, paladins park them far away from the rest of the raid. Our main force just dps AMV hard usually disc/epic clicks early on. Far as I can tell the adds are timed, i.e. the faster AMV Dies the less adds you get. We normally only get 2-3 tops.
Zek
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=58420
http://www.ascendingdawn.com

Kneesmasher
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We root park as well but usually just with one or two Paladins and a Druid for snare. Sometimes just one Paladin (Me usually) and a Druid for snare or backup...just in case. SK's pull the Adds out of the raid. Since we don't get many adds, root parking two adds with one Paladin is not very hard and since a druid can cure and a Paladin can cure themselves of the DT...no problem.

I would agree whole heartedly they are timed. The faster AMV dies, the fewer adds you get. We also kill AMV fast enough that we only get 2, maybe 3, max. Don't think we've only had 1...always usually 2...maybe 3 if we are a bit short on DPS.

"Never Mistake Kindness for Weakness"

Kneesmasher
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We root park as well but usually just with one or two Paladins and a Druid for snare. Sometimes just one Paladin (Me usually) and a Druid for snare or backup...just in case. SK's pull the Adds out of the raid. Since we don't get many adds, root parking two adds with one Paladin is not very hard and since a druid can cure and a Paladin can cure themselves of the DT...no problem.

I would agree whole heartedly they are timed. The faster AMV dies, the fewer adds you get. We also kill AMV fast enough that we only get 2, maybe 3, max. Don't think we've only had 1...always usually 2...maybe 3 if we are a bit short on DPS.

I know some think we are crazy for root parking the adds, but hey, it works for us and works well and it allows all of our DPS to stay on AMV the whole time...which means he dies much faster than if you pull off and kill adds. Try it both ways...see what works for you.

"Never Mistake Kindness for Weakness"

brittany seleana
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We've been taking the dps off AMV to burn down the adds, we tried to root park them in our earlier attempts but it didnt go well. We're dps light, so we've been doin the best with what we have. Very tank heavy raids...4-7 war...3-5 paladin and 3-6 SK...real light on all dps classes. Going to start getting the melee dps grouped with the shaman more often. Champ + Leopaed/Panther is just insane DPS.

Brit

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hrhr brit - seems you don't have a shaman with epic 2.0 - that is insane dps

Razielle
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Your SK's can probably be considered a DPS class for that event. If you don't have issues with warriors dieing, have them go 2hdr and be dps, atleast the bottom end of the lineup anyway. Just use the paladins as offtank/healers since we are the lowest dps class of em all.

My guild has 2 groups that stay on AMV the whole time and the rest flip flop back and forth when adds pop up. We usually have no more then 3 paladins assigned as add control and everyone else is dps.

brittany seleana
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
emandes wrote:
hrhr brit - seems you don't have a shaman with epic 2.0 - that is insane dps

Actually we do, I just completely overlooked that as part of the formula...thx for pointing that out Smile

Brit

joks
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
*Assign paladins and beastlords to cure the clerics when the mana drain hit - allow us to keep the fight going for a longer period of time.
*Kill the adds ASAP - get them out of the way before their dps goes bananas.

That's basically what did it for us.

Valya Wanderfoot
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
me and one other pally would usually look for adds, OT em and call the raid to assist. they die fast if everyone gets on them and doesn't try to max their Yalp dps on AMV.... we generally get 2-4, I think it's somewhat random rather than timed, but I never figured it out for sure. After our first messy attempts we never got >1 at a time but we did get multiples in camp the first time we tried him. that was ugly esp. since we had only the sketchiest info going in. ("there's some adds... they power up.. and there's some kind of nasty dot...")

Lamini
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
CCing idea sounds good. im permaraidassist and have raid take dps off amv and to the adds myself. knock them down in 10seconds and its over with, back to amv. while you can cc adds, they'll do headshots everytime (unlimited melee output, hit harder than how many hps you have) someone comes in melee range. and usually only get 2 adds entire fight anyway, maybe 3. went as low as 1.

Return to Crusaders' Warhall