Yar Lir possible strat (Occam, 7/30/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Yar Lir possible strat (Occam, 7/30/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

Occam
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 pm Post subject: Yar'Lir possible strat Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
K it's not Vish, but I figure it's high enough to go here.

I heard this strat from someone to use on Yar'Lir, that is essentially using a necro to turn her into a skeleton. However what he didn't mention is exactly what the benefits are of that. He did mention being able to max melee from the edge of the platform, but it seems to me that the AEs would be just as much of a problem, if not more, since the Hurricane's Eye AE would be that much harder to avoid.

We have beaten Yar several times already (I have the ring to prove it), but if it makes Yar'Lir easier I'm all for it. Anyone use this strat, or ever heard of it, that can explain it a little better? Can send me a tell at xegony.Occam if you don't want to reveal too much to the masses.

My stuff
ICQ Number

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hmm, really dont know what the benefit could be. as long as you follow her forms, stay under her belly and have quick offtanks / enchanters its not very hard Smile

c.

Durdolaf
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Pretty sure it lessens the range of the AE ramp. Yarlir turns into a mini dragon too Laughing

joks
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
AE rampage is pretty sissy tho. The thunderclouds if not agroed just move away and detonate (they follow a pattern), and the drakes despawn when Yar dies. We've just been burning fast and leaving the rest to the chanters.

varutia
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We buff damage shield and make Yalir take more damage from ramp Very Happy

Occam
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Yeah I think we'll be sticking with our usual strat on this.

My stuff
ICQ Number

khrokhro
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
For us Yarlir is just a dps fest, Send MT - surround - burn. We have seen adds pop only when we were low numbers. The AE rampages is pretty low.

Abazagaroth
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Yeah, just burn her. Full burn dps from the start. Never thought about buffing damage shields on everyone to give more dps during rampage, that's a cute idea =)

Even us old dogs can learn new tricks heh, why I keep reading all these boards.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Ward of Tunare negates her ae rampage basically.

OH SNAP, NERF IT ASAP.

Bagar the Sexy the Sexy & Cleric Box
Retired, but not forgotten
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Crusaders' Warhall