Arena Badge, Wave 32 -- how? (Thurvok, 7/23/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Arena Badge, Wave 32 -- how? (Thurvok, 7/23/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:38 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

thurvok
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:29 pm Post subject: Arena Badge: Wave # 32 .. 7 orcs Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Please tell stories.. How did you beat this wave?? Tried kiting, but at some point seemed an add would jump on cleric.. need ideas.. thanks!!!

khrokhro
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
kited, cycle targets with stuns run across, cycle stun, run across. Each time you take damage self heal with LoP it s a lot of agro.

I had so much agro at end that only taunt would unstick mobs of me.

aaeb eq
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Took me a few times to get this wave beat as well.

We pulled any wave that had adds down to the jail (down the hall our of the arena and hang a left to the big ovel room), giving us lots of room to work with. We had 2 pullers as well, monk would split mobs up top and FD, bard would tag and bring them down to the rest of the group. When we would get more then 2 mobs the druid would keep reptile on me so I would not have to work at agro so much, I have 1200 HP and 500 AC more then you do.

Can also have someone ready to kite the extra mobs that come down to the jail late, lots of room to kite down there.

Sir Aaeb Soulblade
Holy Knight of Clan Werre
FV

varutia
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Kiting is the way, stick rest of the group in the basement and send one guy to do the kiting, cycle target helps a lot on this. First time I done this we had a ranger who hardly lost any health at all. Second time doing this, another ranger manage to get himself killed and I had to take over the kiting, it was relatively easy, just heal myself and cycle stun. Get another person to peel the mob off you one by one, then bring it to basement to kill, that's it.

Rathimis Dragonmist
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I tank them all. Nothin much more to say.... just cycle nearest NPC and keep aggro of everyone else. If u have WoT (Anguish BP, epic 2.0, and vish shoulders) its pretty easy to handle all the adds at once.

should be albe to do it with less gear than me fairly easily, since I thought the whole thing was a snooze fest

Rathkin
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Group make up was pally, SK, shammy, monk, ranger, cler

Had the whole group stay in the jail room. Ranger kited, used snares for agro i beleive and the SK brought them down 1 at a time. Had the Cleric only use HoT's for healing with maybe a patch heal here and there from me to keep agro low. Took us quite a few tries to get past this wave as well.

My Gear

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
tried this wave yesterday - rng kiting- i peeled off 1 mob with stun - came single- pulled it down to jail - killed it - I went up to get next - woot - one mob was half way down having agro on cler - i agroed and pulled to camp - just finding another mob hitting the cleric - peeled that one off cleric - thought 2 mobs at a time is no prob - but had to realize that 2 more mobs have warped down into jail room.

I guess that peeling off first mob with stun was an error - ranger had not enough agro on all mobs and cleric climbed up agrolist.

Next time we will let ranger kite and peel off with pet pull by mage

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
i had no probs peeling them off with stuns.

c.

Bruennor
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I havent done it personally, but you can have the person kiting chain click an insta clicky item, preferably something like ds or another effect that hurts mobs, but I am thinking see invis should work to. It was nerfed a while back, but this does still increase aggro, and if clicked fast enough, should have no aggro issues.

Kaise Mourninghand
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
We had a shaman Viral slow, then kite. We all hid back in the tunnels. Then using stuns and a memblur from resident chanter Got aggro on one. Killed it and repeated the process. Was a pretty leetest group though. The shaman really new what was going on.

thurvok
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Yea!! Won this one..

Had another pally kite.. took all 7 to the jail room.. rest set up in stables.. I ran over and stuned till I got agro and pulled it to group.. did this 6 times.. then othjer pladin just brought last 1.. was actually easy once we got it down...

Return to Crusaders' Warhall