4th toon (Az, 7/31/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

4th toon (Az, 7/31/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:37 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

delanode
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:47 am Post subject: 4th toon Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Greets,

Straight to it,

Looking to add a 4th toon to 65pal/chanter/druid team I was hoping to try and start some GoD Progression through the alternate paths etc as well as adding the 4th to go through LDON's.

Leaning towards Necro,..

Your thoughts?

Az.

Lonedor
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
DPS and puller maybe? Monk, bard, necro. BL for more dps and additional buffs? Rogues for dps and some pulling. With that group almost anything would work I would think.

Evolution of Faith

Anyin Trueblade
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
When I can find any time, I 4-box your combo plus a shaman, all lvl 70.

Depending on your gear, I found that once you get into harder content things just flat out hit to hard for a druid healer to keep up without extra downtime medding. I am a casual player, with basically GM armour. If you are a high end raider a druid may be sufficient to keep you alive, but I found that having an extra healer was great.

Also the gear on your boxed toons make a big difference. But if your 4-boxing most likely you are keeping your pally geared up much better than the other, since he is most heavily gear dependant.

Trying to box 2 melee is just a pain, esp if you have the AA's to be able to control the chanters pet or moving a mob around with a stun puts your second melee out of range, and that really kills there DPS.

Adding a puller would be nice, but with a chanter and pally you have pretty good crowd control built in. Also the chanter can pacify mobs for the time being.

I like the shaman because of extra buffs, healing and DPS. A necro can bring more DPS and some healing to the table, but he shamans strong suits fit nicely wih a druid as main healer.

Galelor
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
i play pally/shaman/druid/necro. i find that i generally have the shaman healing with the druid doing dps. it really depends on what kind of gear the pally has as to what to box. you can't go wrong with a cleric imo. personally i find i can do most things with a shaman/druid as the healers.

Micker
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:44 pm Post subject: 4th Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
How about leveling your current characters to 70 first?? Level 65 and you can 3 box?? Level up then worry about a 4th.

Anyway, once you do hit 70....I have 5 level 70 characters on 5 different accounts. I have a pally/shaman/cleric/necro/bard. I usually do pally/necro/shammy/bard. Its the easiest and most powerful. Just put the bard in melody mode, have hotkeys for slow and HoT from the shammy and pet attack, then switch to necro once I have aggro with the pally and dot it up/send in pet. Its an awesome combo. I don't use the cleric as much boxing unless its in a group. I find that slow/hot from my 70 shammy is all the healing I need right through RSS. I like to 4 box in MPG, its easy almost risk free exp and some rune drops for my shammy/necro.

delanode
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Greets,

Again thanks for the responses, I hadn't really thought about a shaman since the shaman slows/dots overlap the chanter, and the heals overlap the druid, I thought I'd get more bang from a class that didn't overlap.

However, to the Level 70 question. I am specifically keeping the toons where they are solely for the reason of alternate abilities, unless things have changed drastically a trio of level 70's that have just up to Gates of Discord for expansion are going to have a rough time getting decent exp.

Lastly, I'm still leaning on the necro since my group REALLY lacks DPS. I was seriously considering a monk but the melee comment of "out of range" really rings true, I can't keep adjusting the 2nd melee range like that.

Thanks
Az

Kakimor
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Bah like he said use da druid for dps and heal with the shammy and if you want more toss couple dots with shaman as well. For that matter OMFG get your hands on some of the later expansions so you can xp past 65 plus open up opportunities for campable gear etc
Also the buffs from shaman make a world of difference. But if your targetting GoD content only then you will probably find yourself Enc or Dru to pull I seem to remember single pulls w/o a puller were rare.

personally I occasionally duo 2 boxed with a friend. Me on Pally/Druid him on Shaman/Necro all 4 toons lvl 70 with Time/Qvic lvl gear and @500 AAs and we were able to handle up to RSS no probs. Even did tipt runs with that combo farming BiC stuffs

Last edited by Kakimor on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Galelor
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
delanode wrote:
Greets,

Again thanks for the responses, I hadn't really thought about a shaman since the shaman slows/dots overlap the chanter, and the heals overlap the druid, I thought I'd get more bang from a class that didn't overlap.

However, to the Level 70 question. I am specifically keeping the toons where they are solely for the reason of alternate abilities, unless things have changed drastically a trio of level 70's that have just up to Gates of Discord for expansion are going to have a rough time getting decent exp.

Lastly, I'm still leaning on the necro since my group REALLY lacks DPS. I was seriously considering a monk but the melee comment of "out of range" really rings true, I can't keep adjusting the 2nd melee range like that.

Thanks
Az

actually, on regular trash mob XPing, divine/celestial stun does very well for keeping mobs in melee range when boxing. just turn auto attack on, put the chanter pet on the front of the mob until enrage and use the pally AA stun to keep mob in monk agro range /shrug.

Micker
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:19 pm Post subject: 70 Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Quote:
However, to the Level 70 question. I am specifically keeping the toons where they are solely for the reason of alternate abilities,

You will get aa exp WAY WAY WAY WAY faster with your toons at level 70 then at 65. A level 70 with zero AA is more powerful then a level 65 with max aa. You could do mpg/rss etc. easy as hell at 70, impossible at 65.

Cracon
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I box the Pal/Ench/Druid/Nec combo as a non-raider and really enjoy it. I've gotten my Paladin up to 2430ac and 13k hps with this combo. I can do 95% of the single group content from Omens or DoN with this combo. I can also do a lot of the DoD stuff but the lack of cleric heals/buffs limits me, particularly in the 70 spell missions. If I had to do it over again I might go with a cleric over the Druid due to the larger melee buffs and heals.
As a personal preference I wouldn't trade my necro for a shaman. The utility of the necro makes this group imo. FD pulls, pet pulls, FD during wipes, corpse pulling, rez's, mana boosts, snare and of course incredible dps makes the necro a must for me. I would possibly trade out the enchanter for the shaman because of the added buffs, extra heals, better slow and extra dps might make up for having to use clarity potions and the occasional need for crowd control.

Good luck with it.

khrokhro
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I'd think about monk or necro as you can pull and add a decent amount of DPS. The monk is probably easier to manage as it doesnt need to constantly FD to not overagro the MT. Bard is nice and fun but has a lot of overlapping with ench and relatively low DPS. Rogue is best DPS but you will still rely on mez to split multiple pulls.

On the level question, you will for sure get AA much faster at 70 than 65. If you have access to pofire that is probably the easiest/best xp spot you'll find (a lvl 70 pal with bazaar gear tanks well there). Otherwise WoS or MPG are easy areas for a 70 to xp and lead to much better AA than anything you'll get at 65. Even solo, if you go in WoS murk caves it s probably much faster than anything else you could solo at 65. RSS you need a reasoneable gear set to be efficient, but nothing you can't buy in bazaar.

Additionally most of the decent droppeable gear you can get (or buy through cristals) is lvl 70.

PS: my usual quad box combo is pal cler ench bard. It's low DPS but I can basically go anywhere and survive most difficult conditions.

delanode
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Thanks Khr! and everyone else adding input

I think my thinking has been quite 'off' about my level stick. I've been at the mentality that I was going to get geared by doing LDON's till I was blue in the face, but I completely forgot they have a max level and my trio all at 70 is going to be able to handle them as well as break some new ground.

Thanks again for everyone's responses, I'm feeling quite refreshed and ready to make the push to 70.

Oh and I've decided to go with the Monk, I think I've really always wanted to play one and no time like the present.

Az.
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Crusaders' Warhall