Raiding responsibilities (Blaat, 7/14/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Raiding responsibilities (Blaat, 7/14/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:28 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

Blaat
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 pm Post subject: raiding responsibilities Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
ive got a 52 pally on the nameless. my question is what is our roles in a raid. ive heard people talking about being a rampage tank. what does that mean?

emandes
Cavalier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
rampage is an ability of a lot of nameds - it means that not only the main tank gets damage also other players. Rampage attacks are the same as normal attacks on the main tank - i.e. if named hits for 2k tripple he also rampages for 2k tripple - what damage the rampage targets takes depends from the individual dmagae mitigation (i.e. class, AC, stats)

riposte / rampage - riposte dmg you get by defending measures of named - can be avoided by attacking from behind or stoping attack - rampage is unidirectional

there are two forms of rampage:
single rampage - the first player on hate list is till he dies or zones the target of rampage attacks even if he is totally out of range. This can be easily set by designating a player to be RT and this player is to agro first - i.e. he pulls - can not be avoided

AE rampage - every one in range of this Area Effect gets hit bei rampage attacks if he is on hate list

examples:
single rampage: Jelvan script anguish - all 3 nameds have rampage - they hit a 3kAC knight for 2k max
AE rampage: ture in anguish - periodicall AE rampage announced by an emote - hits up to 2.5k multiple

why paladins as RT - you can get a hammer which procs Devine Aura (from griegs end). For the time DA is up you don't get damage from rampage - that eases healing of RT a lot. Additionaly palas can heal themselves. If RT dies - wipe is knocking at your door - rampage will work down the hatelist
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Crusaders' Warhall