[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - pally/shammy

pally/shammy

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

pally/shammy

Postby Rathkin » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:40 pm

Rathkin

Postby Beregorn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:57 am

Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:08 pm

I do this all the time since I also play a Paly/Shammy combo.

RSS is the place to go if the Paladin can swing it. In the main room where the zone portal is. There are Pyrilins standing around the edge (along with the cold guys). Stay away from the cold guys. Some of them have this charm/stun/freeze thing they do that means certain death. Stick with the female Pyrilins. Single pulls, all of them. Can start with Malos. Just before it lands, hit a Stun. The Stun is more aggro so the mob comes to the Paladin. Start your melee and hit another stun ASAP. Cast a slow. Cast another Stun. Send the pet. Start with DoTs. Cast another stun. If you are in a bind, you can use Discord without Malos. It lands most of the time alone...but not always.

I set up a Macro hotkey for the shaman that casts 3 DoTs in a row then uses my Ancient Canni spell. So once the mob is under control and slowed, I hit that Macro hotkey and don't have to worry about my Shaman for 30 or so seconds. Once the Macro is done, the Paladin is needing some love. I hit some heals on the Paladin. Soon the mob is getting low on health. Reapply a DoT or two and be ready for him to run. (They run at low health). Keep stunning with the Paladin throughout or big DoT crits will get the shaman aggro. Chase with the Paladin (and the pet) if you have the space (if you fight near the portal they usually run away from the closest mobs) and beat her down. If she turns toward a mob and you are running out of space...root. Beat down.

By the time you have finished about a dozen of these they have started repopping. Rinse and Repeat. These mobs are never camped. No one kills them on Fennin Ro, anyway. They are always available. The only downside is the run to RSS. You can throw in some Panther too along the way!
Kneesmasher

Postby Rathkin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:25 pm

Did unrest today got lucky and got the aug for the shammy woohoo, also some prety decent exp. I can handle mobs duo in RS but havnt really tried it for exp purposes, seems i do to little dps for it to be worth it, i wish they were undead heh. Maybe i'll give it a go and see what the exp is like based on other places I have tried.
Rathkin

Postby Galelor » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:57 pm

with your pally you should be able to hold the queen camp down (at least clearing the 4 mobs outside the named room + the named/PH + 1 add in the one room.) I do it, and your pally outgears mine. not the best xp in the world, but you can get your shaman a set of 4 70hp augs without much heart ache.

if you want to be able to xp in live zones, you are going to have to get your shaman his DoT crit AAs. it is as simple as that. pallys do shit live dps, so the shaman has to do it. nest is good xp outside of cleric mobs. you should be able to do hive too. arc stone undead are prolly the best bang for your buck if you want to do undead, however illsain isn't to bad once you finish your hot crit line.

honestly, i get xp faster duoing with root rot. i have daffie heal galelor and help with roots. fire isn't a bad zone to start off in (to get the hang of this.)
Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Hammher » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:52 am

Hammher

Server: The Nameless

Return to Crusaders' Warhall