[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Swarming Help

Swarming Help

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Swarming Help

Postby Leigh » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 am

I think I have plateaued as I'm not able to increase the size of my swarm any further. Asides from the obvious: needing more AC, more HP, (which are not an option atm), what am I doing wrong? I'd like to up my game, but am at a roadblock. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions or anecdotes and learn by stepping on your shoulders.

Here's my setup. A comfortable swarm that knocks me down to 40% health and I have to focus attention on is ~10-12 mobs. Mobs are 12-16 levels below my level.

I use 1h [hopebringer]+shield [Esc.of plague lord]. Have a 145pt DS (30 worn, 60 skinspikes, 55 druid). On occassion this jumps to 250 when I have convergence of spirits/spirit of the wood (DRU) available. But those only lasts ~42 seconds. Fernspur only lasts for 8 hits.

I am below 75, have 550AA: max double riposte, max knight's advantage, max CS/CA for my level, heal gift/adept/boon at 7/7/6. Shield block 2, Vet's Wrath 2, Weap Affinity 2. Max Slay and max buff ext. for level. Flurry 1.

Buffed, I have 2700AC, 24000hp, atk depends on getting pred, non existent otherwise. Often have 205% haste. ~ 10 shielding (I know this doesn’t help much as it only affects trash mob’s dmg bonus). Str and dex are around 450. Agi around 350. Spell line up: Pious elixir, quick heal, WoT, DA, 1.0sec stun, undead DD, shackles, invis v. undead, rest are misc. for buffs.

I initiate the pull with a cast of WoT and HoT. During combat, when I settle into an alcove, I have to recast WoT at least once, so swarms last about 4-5 mins. I get a few swings of the sword in, and a few casts of the undead DD when a mob is at low health and I want to finish it off. I use bash. I use Pious on myself, if I'm below 50% hp I'll use a HoT potion instead. I blast heal myself if below 60%. I use holyforge when up. Mini-defensive if in trouble. Armor of experience if in trouble. I can’t rely on Steadfast Servant. Should I not be attacking at all? Should I strictly be relying on riposte dmg and dmg shield while I chain heal myself? That sounds like it would take a long time, but is that it?

I thought with the accumulation of the AAs I have by now and what I think is a respectable DS I’d be fairing better. But from what I’ve read paladins should be taking on much bigger swarms [30+]. Do monks and zerkers swarm the same way [ie. heal via mend, potions] or are they limited to their riposte disc?

I’d appreciate any feedback and tricks of the trade.

--Leigh
Leigh

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Swarming Help

Postby Ughbash » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Swarming Help

Postby varutia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 am

Every class do swarming in a different fashion, one example is SKs want to use biggest damage 2 hander where Paladins need good 1 hander and shield. The size Paladin swarm is limited by your ability to heal relating to amount damage mobs dealing to you and what special abilities available to you at anytime like deflection, vet AAs etc. Learn how to properly employ them and when to do so is important in maximize your swarming efficiency. In a proper swarm, majority of the damage is dealt by ripostes.

Heroic stats is a huge thing for swarming, for exxample hdex increase parry and riposte chance, higher end Paladin probably will triple your current riposte rate or more, hagi increase your dodge and defense.

For a good demostration of Paladin swarming check out shiftee's video on it in ruins of illsalin. Highly instructive and fun to watch. Also like Ughbash says to properly swarm you need learn the zone, this can take months depend on how much you play.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall