[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Question/Discussion

Question/Discussion

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Question/Discussion

Postby Silwen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Okay, a quick question, possibly a discussion ...

My guild is on one of the progression servers, and so far we're up to GoD released. We're currently working on getting epics for everyone, and we need to take down in Kith. I'm currently level 61 (barely), and with my own buffs I have 4285 HPs, 1312 AC, I have Combat Stability 3, Combat Agility 2 (which will be 3 in not too long), and I dropped 2 points in Combat Fury (because I was tired of seeing everyone crit but me :lol:). Now, the warriors in our guild are leveling a bit slower, and are around mid 50s, and to my knowledge don't have a lot of AAs, if any beyond Run3 and Metab or Regen 3.

Now, for this fight ... info on the mob:

Regen: moderate, about 1% per tic
Hits: 250'ish doubles
Spells: Harm Touch, Invoke Fear, Lifetap Proc (500dd) Summon PC
HP: 32,000

Because I'm one of the two highest tanks in the guild (the other one being another Paladin just below my level), I was thinking I could tank this mob for our Rogue. However, I was asked to help one of the warriors level to 60+ instead, because "we can't do the general without a 60 tank." Now, I'm level 61 ... I'm a Paladin ... which last I checked is a tank. When I pointed this out, I was told "no def disc."

Okay, I've heard from a friend of mine who is in a high level guild (as in been there, done that, you're a n00b, my bracer has more AC than all of your gear put together type thing), and he told me they use Paladins a lot for MTing raid mobs. So am I crazy in thinking that I can MT this thing? By the time we do this I'll probably have another 20-30 AAs or more to drop into things like Natural Durability and whatever other defensive things I can beef up. Is this one where I'll have to say "Yean, Paladins aren't good enough to tank this one, so I'd better pass it off to the warrior"? I'll likely not be leveling much past 61 at this point, at least not before I have some more AAs. We're going to be concentrating on epics and Velious raids for a while, so to not completely trivialize the content there, I'd like to possibly limit myself a little bit, we'll see.

Anyway, any input is welcome. :)
Silwen

Postby Joejo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:57 pm

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:51 am

You're definitely the best tank your guild has, and completely capable of tanking that mob. There's no reason to wait to get those epics knocked out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Silwen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Silwen

Postby Coupdvil » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Coupdvil

Return to Crusaders' Warhall