[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Question on 2 cleric mercs stances

Question on 2 cleric mercs stances

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Question on 2 cleric mercs stances

Postby norik » Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Ok, likely a silly question.
For those of you with 2 cleric mercs, what stances do you set them to?
I have been setting one to Reactive, and one to Balanced for normal stuff; and shifting them both to Reactive for Nameds etc. However someone pointed out that if they are both at Reactive they will both both cast the same spells at the same time and just waste mana. Is this correct, would I be best off leaving one on Reactive, and one on Balanced even for named fights?

EDIT~fixing so I actually write the stuff the I thought I wrote.
Last edited by norik on Thu May 21, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Question on 2 cleric mercs stances

Postby Fethiel » Thu May 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Assuming the two mercs are the same tier and the same level they will react identically when placed on the same stance from what I have noticed when doing the same thing as what you have stated you have done. So you may end up getting two quick heals off on you at the same time instead of having them more staggered. Which may lead to a longer time in between those large dual heals.

My usual setup is a bit different where one merc is t5 85th level and my friends account which I box often is a t2 84th level merc. I set the 85 on balanced and the 84 on efficient. (I was noticing the 84 merc was burning through mana much faster then the 85 when set on any different stance.) I have my chat windows setup so I can see the mercs calls when they are healing. I noticed that the 84 set on efficient stays mainly with promised heals and complete heals with the occasional HoT and fast heal when necessary. The 85 does a more even mix with generally leaving the promised heals to the 84. Often on pulls after the first hit from a named the 85 does a HoT while the 84 casts a promised, and I have not seen them overlap at all in terms of both trying to land a promised heal on me or a HoT and the heals are usually spaced apart to give me more of a cushion. Once the fight is underway with a named this difference in their casting usually allows for them to react if they see I am dropping to fast to stay with promised heals and complete heals.

So in assuming same level and same tier mercs I would say it would probably be more beneficial to leave on merc on balanced and one on reactive.
Fethiel

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri May 22, 2009 9:28 am

Whenever I set one on reactive and the other on Balanced, the balancd one never casts and the reactive runs out of mana.

I put both on reactive.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby ariowen » Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 am

With my box I set my t5 85 one to reactive and my t3 85 to balanced. They both heal just fine. Reactive cleric more of the direct heals whereas the balanced cleric more of the hot/promised heals with a spot heal when needed. I leave them that way for all fights, named included. But then my box is normally a ranger/cleric/shaman with mercs for all of them although the shaman's merc is a t3 85 tank one. So, 3 clerics (2 of them mercs) I keep the ranger pretty well healed. :)

ariowen

Ranger Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks guys, I'll just trial just leaving them reactive/balanced.

Question 2, while i have you attention, is there any real point in getting t5 clerics? All I need is Murducks Last Stand, which though i doubt if i could do on my own i might get some guildy help to do.
Last edited by norik on Fri May 22, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Fri May 22, 2009 2:08 pm

The T5 is brilliant
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Fri May 22, 2009 3:53 pm

norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

My wife and I only have t1 merc clerics, but we keep them both on balance, and seems to work fine, as said earlier, we tried one on reactive and one on balance and reactive one was oom early and the other was fm, seemed we got better healing when both were in balance state.

As far as t5 merc, i have no experiance with that but our buddy that joins us from time to time has t3 cleric, and his t3 can do as well as both of our t1 clerics, hope that helps a little.
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm

norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Wed May 27, 2009 12:32 am

I found on the necro boards, it has a nice bit of info on how the Cleric Mercs scale.
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing