[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - three box options

three box options

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

three box options

Postby Arrturis » Tue May 27, 2008 11:25 am

Hey all, i'm coming back to eq after about a six month absence and i'm intending to play a bit more casually than previously. I'm planning to three box mostly group content and raid some on a main character. I've read all the threads about what the most ideal three boxes and taken note. Anyway, these are the options i have in terms of classes...any suggestions as to what would be the best out of these. The option is available to level up another character however most of the ones i have currently are still decently geared/aaed.
Options:
Account 1: 80 berserker w/ 2.0
75 necro w/ 2.0 and 11k mana

Account 2: 75 shammy w/ 1.5 ~10k mana

Account 3: 75 paladin with mostly anguish gear 3.2k ac

Account 4: 75 wizzy w/ 2.0 and 12 k mana

Account 5: 75 druid with crap gear

Account 6: 70 bard (old school in time gear still)
Arrturis

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: three box options

Postby Khael » Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 am

PAL/BER/SHM is a solid option, if you can take the time to level/gear up the pally, only lacking in pulls. If you'd prefer tanking with your zerker, go with BER/BRD/SHM to get singlepulls and some CC abilities.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Make the Paladin your raid main. The effect of raid gear on the pally is about 10 times more than on any other character.

A shaman in group gear is 90% as effective as a shaman in raid gear (in a group), a raid tank is 150-200% more effective than a group tank
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Tue May 27, 2008 3:38 pm

I like what has already been stated... Use the first 3 accounts, Paladin, shaman, zerker or if you want FD pulling can swap out the necro for the zerker. Lvl 75 with 3.2 K AC with Anguish gear is a really good start, it wouldn't take long to get your Paladin to be a really really strong tank.

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 pm

Paladin
Shaman
Wizard or Necro - Wiz gives ports, great burst dps, evac; Necro gives obvious necro stuff (good dps, pulls). Either are preferable to Zerker imo.

One other side-benefit - if they do chain/plate/silk/leather type molds again, you won't have any cross-class competition.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Vasei » Wed May 28, 2008 9:33 am

More skilled boxers than I would probably have other takes on it, but I like EASY boxing. Wizard fits me because I can nuke like mad and then ignore her till I notice she's got some mana again (esp in horse-friendly outdoor zones). I adore the bard, but I have a much less relaxing (and admittedly slower response to emergencies) time with her, because it's just so much easier to send the wiz into full burn than it is to fiddle around with bard CC and melee positioning, etc.

Zerker guildie I know has the greatest time taking down the biggest kills he can with just his druid. I think if I were putting together your group, I'd say zerk/dru/wiz and have a great time.

I'm curious about what people think here for which should be the main toon to get raid gear. Always seemed like the tanks got the biggest bang for the DKP, but is that true anymore with the rank 3's?

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 am

Raid gear on the tank. 100% for sure.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Wed May 28, 2008 10:11 am

Nothing will improve his ability to kill stuff like raid-levels of AC on the pally. Shaman would be able to heal him slightly better, and for longer...but that doesn't help kill edge-of-ability nameds, etc,... Same w/ dps - a bit more dps, but with ooc regen, a wiz can chain nuke and be back at FM very shortly.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Arrturis » Thu May 29, 2008 12:08 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Decided i'm going to go PAL/BER/SHM the majority of the time and switch out the necro for when i need single pulls or undead content...should be pretty fun.
Any advice or a link to how to set up appropriate macros for boxing?
Arrturis

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing