[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - A 3rd box Tank.

A 3rd box Tank.

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

A 3rd box Tank.

Postby norik » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:31 pm

OK, I asked this question on EQ Outrider; however the servers are still down, and it occurs to me that Shamans might have a slightly differant viewpoint to Rangers.

I'm considering adding a meatshield to my Ranger/Shammy duo, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which to go for. I'll probably gear said tank in a full set of praetorian gear, bazaar jewelry, and a few odds and ends from here and there.

My objective was "a tank that can take a beating, while being healed by the shammy", and as such I was leaning towards a Pally, but after my post on EQ Outrider I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

PS~My crosslink to EQ Outrider
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby myrmidonlord666 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:46 pm

myrmidonlord666

Postby GombaahSH » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:19 pm

If you just want to exp go with monk. If you want to try and trio ex raid mobs go with SK. Could also try zerker but be ready to CC with shammy and ranger.
GombaahSH

Postby myrmidonlord666 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:28 pm

Ditch the ranger if your going to get a tank, flopping between the screens of two melees and moving them accordingly is lame (of course you could use archery but that lacks the full potential of DW melee)
myrmidonlord666

Postby Keltsete » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:32 am

Keltsete

Postby Kianor » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:58 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby reamas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:16 am

Get a mage and tank with Ranger.
You can CoTH pull, the most underused pull method in EQ,

The more casters the better. The more DPS the better.
reamas

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby myrmidonlord666 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:03 pm

myrmidonlord666

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing