[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2Boxing Question

2Boxing Question

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

2Boxing Question

Postby mikey2505 » Fri May 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi all i've tried posting this on various cleric boards but have had no luck and this seems the best reference for all things mutlibox so i thought id try here

At the moment i play a cleric in a group consisting of me an sk an enchanter a mage and a shaman and i have recently bought another account for the purpose of adding some mele dps, my question is this which of either a ranger or rogue would be easier to 2box with a Cleric? i will be boxing mostly on the same computer and would dearly love to hear your thoughts on this bearing in mind the above group makeup

We intend to do all of the single group content available including mpg trials etc

many thanks for any answers i recieve
mikey2505

Postby dohrian » Fri May 26, 2006 4:29 pm

A friend of me plays his war, 2box a cleric, and choose to 3 box a dps : he choose a ranger, easiest to play with autofire (rogue needs positioning). I cannot help more, as I play only my shaman.

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby mikey2505 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:07 pm

mikey2505

Postby Jerus » Fri May 26, 2006 6:37 pm

I dont know if the dps will be the same but at that level i think a ranger can do compareable dps. Imo getting ranger geared up will be a little easier because getting a good peircer (17 damage is highest in group setting really) Where you can get an attunable time quality bow (druzzil one) which shouldbe good.. Also out of that you gain another snarer, foe, offtanking, pulling(if you get good at it can be better than pet but sk might be better) and easy box dps. By the easy box dps i mean /autofire alt tab play cleric.. thats all youe NEED to do.. rogue you have to deep them in the back pressing backstab all the time to keep it up but with ranger you can leave him if you want during a fight. so I say ranger.. or monk for pulling but ranger is easiest dps box imo.
Jerus

Server: Bertox

Postby Scalia » Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 pm

Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby mikey2505 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:29 pm

mikey2505

Postby Jerus » Fri May 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Jerus

Postby St_HotPants » Sat May 27, 2006 2:19 pm

St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Jerus » Sat May 27, 2006 3:38 pm

Jerus

Postby Mukshaak » Sun May 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Jerus » Mon May 29, 2006 3:13 am

Jerus

Postby Scalia » Mon May 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Scalia

Shaman Main

Postby Jerus » Mon May 29, 2006 12:55 pm

Jerus

Postby gaesekki » Mon May 29, 2006 7:03 pm

gaesekki

Server: Prexus

Postby Phatcow » Tue May 30, 2006 1:11 pm

I hate boxing and people who box ... but I do it anyway =) haha

I can box my main 69 shaman / 61 warrior / 61 Necro in most places.
I can swap out the necro for 66 cleric if its something specific but for the most part my shaman can keep my warrior alive.

Now getting to your question (since I seem to be the king of derailing sometimes)
...consisting of me an sk an enchanter a mage and a shaman...
Have you ever boxed before? If you are the main healer you really need to play something that you can macro because you really need to be focused! If you need more DPS I would think another mage or wizard might be better. Rogue will be to much work and ranger ... I just dont see what he will add over a wizard? Aggro is aggro so if you over do it .. you will get squished. Mage pet can off tank when needed and wiz can snare ..

These boxing questions are very hard to answer because its all about the camp not classes, right? You can try to cookie cutter what you think will work but hey ... EQ like life doesn't always work that way =)

The one big difference between your setup and most of the posts in this section is that you do have a full group vs boxing a few tunes. The content your looking at is a lot harder than PL'ing or AA'ing .. In a group you have to ask yourself what could I be responsible for? Wiz .. NUKE+SNARE+PORT = easy. Ranger pulling+snaring+offtanking+dps = a lot more work =) Plus your boxing on one machine ekk .. maybe ranger autofire would be better. I would hate to as the cleric have to flip back and forth when someone is getting hammered.

Have I confused you enough ... My vote is don't listen to me go with Ranja McAutofire!!!!
70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Scalia » Tue May 30, 2006 1:54 pm

Scalia

Shaman Main

Postby Jerus » Tue May 30, 2006 10:08 pm

Jerus

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing