[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 65 - 70

65 - 70

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

65 - 70

Postby Udgrendel » Thu May 11, 2006 11:48 am

I have read all the great posts for xp spots. This level progression feels like I am going no-where. Last night I didn't even gain any xp but I am down like 10%. Nights like that I am about ready to give up. I really wish I had PoFire access, but I don't. I zone into NC. But the necros a monopoly on murkgliders. I ran around there a bit to see if there are any other good camp spots besides dranik's zone side or wos zone side. It seems such a shame there are quite a it of murkgliders in the middle but no real good pull spots.

I moved then to wos figuring I could solo some until a spot opened up in a group. Being a noob I explored some first till I settled on some tunnels where some murkgliders reside. I thought this must be the murkgliders people talk about soloing. Wow! once it resisted VP I was dead.

I did get a group in wos after waiting for people to get back from afk. The puller wipes us three times and the group breaks up. Then I moved to arcstone, I remember reading something about fallen spirits. Cool! I gotta check this place out. I immediately found a spot on a hill with these guys on it. I pulled one. Dang! It was a yellow to me, and I was able to eventually take him down. I moved a little away to med up. During which either I got trained or something pathed and simply wiped me.

So I find myself humbly going to Griegs where it is safe. The xp seems really slow for how much time you put into it. And besides the fact that the zone seemed to be crowded with 18 level 70's.

It could be that last night was probably the worst xp night I have had. And those happen from time to time. Now that I am re-reading this post. It seems like a rant. But I would hopefully find some good camps out there. I guess I should give a little background.

I started with a monk. Once a realized that groups weren't being had and soloing wasn't a good option. I rolled a shaman to duo with. And this got me far for a long time. But having to pay for two accounts and during GoD really burned me out. So I quit to play WoW. While WoW in itself was fun. I found the end game content to be lacking. There isn't a way to really progress your character unless you want to grind faction (yuck!) So I return to my shaman. Thinking this is a awesome class that groups and solos really well. The gear I have puts me at 4k hp and 4k mana. I know I need alot of gear upgrades. So I try to hang out in DoN if I can get a group. but most times a quite solo xp spot is what I truly crave. I root-rot with Malos+VP+Breath of Ultor+Bane+Blood of Saryn+Epic 1.0 clicky. Sometimes I use either balance or turgurs to slow.

I would like some feed back if possible on other good spots, or anything I need to work on? or any other tips would be great as I make the journey to 70.

P.S. I have worked on my alchemy and have a ton of clarity potions!

Thanks for your time
Udgrendel

Postby Samanna » Thu May 11, 2006 12:25 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Finori » Thu May 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Last edited by Finori on Thu May 11, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finori

Postby Samanna » Thu May 11, 2006 1:01 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Beafly » Thu May 11, 2006 1:50 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Finori » Thu May 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Finori

Postby Scalia » Thu May 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby Cronikk » Thu May 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Udgrendel » Thu May 11, 2006 4:11 pm

Udgrendel

Postby Thyrm Jarlson » Thu May 11, 2006 6:58 pm

of Unbroken Legion
Thyrm Jarlson

Server: Test Server

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Thu May 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Finori

Postby Udgrendel » Thu May 11, 2006 8:05 pm

Udgrendel

Postby Phatcow » Fri May 12, 2006 10:53 am

I feel a lot of the same pain your going through and as someone said above .. groups are your key to advancing. I play at a wierd time for my server .. somedays I get invites in 2 min .. sometimes none all night. I also like to play my alts (3 accounts) but I dont like to group when I play them. For some wierd reason I feel like I am cheating the group when I box - I dont know why =) So due to the above I seem to "solo" a lot.

NC as said above .. ask the necro if he would like some company ... I bet 8 out of 10 would say sure. They are just as lonely as we are =) Plus you can kill more murks duo! I have soloed them but it just seemed like it was really painful or a lot of work, but doable. My necro just dinged 60 the other day and I think at I could duo them pretty affectively now.

Droga ... oh what a place ... reminds me a lot of veksar. Should be very doable. Old world content with new world gear you should do well.

Seb ... you should be able to tear up seb .. hot zone right now. Keep everything rooted!!

Howling Stones - get a key and have some fun exploring .. good tribute drops.

NC - Tarlang will be tough at your lvl .. heck I still have a tough time with this spot and I have a few lvls/hp/spells on ya.

buying DoN crystal is a funny thing ... there are some great augs which you should get from there but I would hold off on gear until your 70. Then again if your 65 you do have a ways to get to 70. Prices on crystals keep coming down so I would consider buying a DoN slot vs a like baz item. DoN will always be cheaper =) Use this site to compare items that you might buy in the bazaar.

To sum up .. Droga .. farm exp and plat .. buy crystals .. gear up .. move to NC @ 67-68. If I could stress one thing stick to one place .. dont get sidetracked and waste time .. if your soloing your really grinding .. groups = socializing/gear.
70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Scalia » Fri May 12, 2006 12:05 pm

Scalia

Shaman Main

Postby Phatcow » Fri May 12, 2006 1:12 pm

Phatcow

Postby Udgrendel » Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 pm

Thanks for the tips. Went to NC last night. I started the night at 43% and ended at 60% and even got a spell outta of it. that sure does make up for other nights problems.
Udgrendel

Postby Beafly » Fri May 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Keep the faith!
Beafly

Veteran -

Postby Phatcow » Fri May 12, 2006 4:04 pm

Phatcow

Postby Mukshaak » Mon May 15, 2006 10:57 am

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 am

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Tharkis » Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 am

Tharkis

Veteran -

Server: Stormhammer

Shaman Main

Postby Scalia » Mon May 15, 2006 11:52 am

Scalia

Shaman Main

Postby Mukshaak » Mon May 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Mon May 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Beafly

Veteran -

Postby ThraallFV » Mon May 15, 2006 10:24 pm

Yeah i agree with what beafly said. and for VP with MD, when im CCing i dont always keep MD up as only so many spell slots. And depending on how the situation works and if i know ill be keeping the mob i VPed rooted for a while ill mem MD and debuff the mob once the is already rooted. its nice.

Also i debated using PD instead of MD but i have come to the decision that it sucks, cause i love the fast cast time of MD.
Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Zish » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:50 am

also try stillmoon.... poss killer drops,, decent xp.. can keep adds to min... just me 2 cp
Zish

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:05 am

|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Scalia » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:27 am

Scalia

Shaman Main