[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Healing as a boxed toon - 65 and under

Healing as a boxed toon - 65 and under

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Healing as a boxed toon - 65 and under

Postby Mead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:44 am

A couple days ago I went and bought the focus item from the DON camp. I am currently level 60, and my original intent was to drive to 62, stop and get some of the core AA's out of the way, and then continue leveling to 65, where I will go back to AAs for a while.

I box my shaman with a 70 rogue, so I am relying on him for slows and heals during combat, and buffs during downtime. What I did not know prior to purchasing the Healer's Greenstone was that it did not affect the Kragg's line (Why is that btw? It is a heal....), so I am slightly unsure of how to approach things until I get to 62 and can grab Tnarg's Mending.

My current method is to pull with the rogue, send in dogdog while landing a slow, and then depending on how hard the rogue is getting hit, either toss a Kragg's near the end of the fight or a HOT during. I cast Jaguar or DoTs as things permit as well to boost DPS. During the downtime between fights, I use Kragg's or healing potions. I also have regen casted on both toons at all times.

My questions are these:

Should I approach this any other way? It seems to be the same model of healing that I see at the higher end when I am grouped with true shaman, and has so far worked pretty well for me. I don't really see a better way of doing it, but thought I would ask anyway.

Why exactly is Kragg's not affected by focus items? It seemed a little misleading to have a heal spell not be affected by a healing focus. Search results did not yield a sufficient answer to me, and curiosity is getting to me.

(EDIT -spelling, etc)
Last edited by Mead on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby Boleslav » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby wsbsteven » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 am

Sabraaz, 70 Iksar Shaman
Tribunal Server

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."
wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Mead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 pm

Mead

Postby Scowls » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:09 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby haxot » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:35 pm

Kraggs actualy stood me in good stead in PoV with my 65 paladin coworker tanking (yep, over a year ago, both of us are now 70)
So long as the Kragg can land in time, it will greatly simplify your botting experience.

But when you get Tnargs, set back and play with it some, cause after BoT kraggs just doesn't cut it, and in OOW/GoD/DoN/DoD content kraggs is not enough HP to cover a single combat round, heh
Pain, the only true product of your labours
ImageImage
haxot

Server: Tunare(Eci my old home how I miss it)

Postby Beafly » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:24 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:14 pm

I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Derakahn » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby haxot » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:21 pm

haxot

Server: Tunare(Eci my old home how I miss it)

Postby Mead » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:00 pm

Mead

Postby Boleslav » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:31 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby jdthomas » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:51 am

jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box