[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spindlecrank question

Spindlecrank question

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Spindlecrank question

Postby Occam » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:43 am

I was wondering if anyone could clarify an issue with the vents and the s. I get how the vents work and that one must use the tethers to protect against getting thrown out of the zone. However, no matter what I did, I still got blown away.

The spell effect text says "Attaches your target to you with a very powerful spring." That explains why my initial attempt, when I had myself targeted, didn't work. But I could not find anything targetable near the vents, and when we tried with another player, then both ended up getting thrown. More specifically, I stood near the vent as an "anchor," not in front of it but close. Someone else clicked the tether on me, and I got the spell effect. He then clicked the lever, then got thrown, but only a short distance. However, I then got pulled to him, and then we both got blown out of the zone.

I'm out of ideas.

Edit: err, it just occurs to me, there's one more thing to try...have the person who clicks the tether be the anchor, and the person with the spell effect do the lever clicking. Basically, the way we tried it but reversed. We'll have to try this next time, but a confirmation would still be helpful. :)
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Spindlecrank question

Postby chordling » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:36 am

We didn't bother when we discovered the effects of not following the emotes were minimal.
chordling

Bard Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher1 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 pm

We also gave up on the tethers. They simply weren't worth the effort. If you stand by the levers to the vents and look WEST you can align yourself with a column. Click the lever to open the vent, get blasted into the column, rinse and repeat. The column keeps you from getting blown out of the zone. You take a little damage, but it's minimal.
Kneesmasher1

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, they were helpful. We ended up going with Kneesmasher's advice about lining up with the pillars. It meant I could handle both vents by myself and not having to tie up 2-4 people. I don't think we're to the point of ignoring them quite yet though.

If anyone in the future sees this thread in their search for the same info, keep in mind that while following Kneesmasher's suggestion, occasionally when hitting the pillars you are pushed very, very high. Sometimes you just hit them and fall. But on those times when you go that high, if you are on Spindle's hate list, you can spawn extra adds, just like if those above killing grenadiers go on his hatelist. Our solution to this was for me to gate at 65% and take the banner back (vents don't start until 50%). You could also just hang back to begin with, as a single Paladin's dps isn't exactly earth-shattering.

Oh, and also, the levers will have to be clicked back to their original position, but do not do this immediately, as it seems to basically open the vents again, so you still take the AE. Clicking levers back does not fling you. Basically just click the lever once to open them, then click again to close (for every emote after the first, since obviously they are open to begin with).
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Grungloe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Just fight further to the West iirc and ignore the vents entirely.

Not worth the hassle.
Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Raiding