[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Hatchet in DP

Hatchet in DP

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Hatchet in DP

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:39 pm

My guild has been banging heads with Hatchet recently. We feel like we understand it pretty much and have beaten it one time and been very close numerous times. Everything fell into place nicely one time and he died without any big problems. When we won I thought we'd be throwing him on the farm pile along with ZT, Vish and others...but that hasn't happened...yet.

I understand the mechanics of the event pretty well...at least I think I do...but there is one area that has me puzzled. On certain attempts, at various times, Hatchet will go super resistant. I have not been able to put a specific event occurring or not occurring to cause that. One time we had him to 18% and I thought for sure we had it won. We already our trapping out of way and were just on the burn down cycle when BAM he wouldn't budge any further. No spells land...or very few. Slow quits landing. Nukes quit landing, DoTs won't land, etc. He resists them all. When that happens, we wipe, eventually. Slow wears off with time and it’s over. We slug it out and try various things, but usually, that's the end of us. What I don't know is WHY he does that? What causes it?

Sure we have various theories on why it happens. Some say it's because adds are up. We have to kill all the adds, or have Hatchet swat them away, to make that not happen. Others say it's our trapping strategy. We have to trap him differently. I know you used to could trap him 4 or 5 times in a row, regardless of his health, and then you were good to go. I don't think that's the case any longer...but I may be wrong.

I'm not looking for a strategy on how to beat Hatchet. I just would like information on why he goes resistant. What causes it to happen? If anyone really knows the answer to that question, I'd love to hear it! If you don't want to post it here...feel free to send me a PM. That's how we lose 90% of the time...he goes resistant and we get stuck and he wears us down.
Kneesmasher

Postby Shinerbokk » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:13 pm

{75 Spiritwatcher} ~~
Battle Shaman of Vallon Zek
Shinerbokk

Server: Zek

Shaman Main

Postby Jabobtha » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Jabobtha

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:40 am

Kneesmasher

Postby St_HotPants » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:06 pm

NB everything that moves in DP... We stopped seeing that problem when we did that.
Nightblade <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=746279">Polarkin</a><br>Heyokah <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268084">Tsel</a><br><a href="http://sacredfyre.com">Sacred Fyre</a> on Fennin Ro
St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby khasril_khaiine » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:33 pm

He casts this on himself after each chase:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=7138

Easy to set a audiotrigger for it so u know when he casts it so u can dispell it.
Elder 70th Shaman
Conjurer 75th Magician
Antonius Bayle
khasril_khaiine

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Kneesmasher » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 am

Kneesmasher

Return to Raiding