[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Game Keyboards

Game Keyboards

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Game Keyboards

Postby lycastusmkd » Wed May 09, 2012 8:47 am

I have asked around and made phone calls and getting mixed results, is a game keyboard legal to use, i use my hot bar setup for each skill type in each hot bar slot as example ( slot one is an alteration skill, 2 slot is divination skill, 3 slot is evocation slot ect...) i then sit here and smash the key ( 1 slot for my alteration skill) with my finger over and over to raise my skill from 150/350 or i use the /pause 15, /cast 1 doing this on 5 lines but either way i still have to push the key button 1 all day long to skill up, BUT if i get a game keyboard it will setup that key slot 1 to push for me over and over so i don't have to do it manually with my mouse or fingers, IS THIS LEGAL?? i heard many say yes and some say no ect.. i need to know from a GM or tech gm if this is legal to do before i get in trouble doing it, if it is not legal then how can Bards get away with doing /melody macro that will play there song skill over and over non stop making there skill ups simple and easy with no use of using mouse or fingers till they manually stop the /melody ??
lycastusmkd

Shadowknight Main

Re: Game Keyboards

Postby lycastusmkd » Wed May 09, 2012 10:03 am

Never mind on the question, i have decided, after talking to several plp if this is legal or not, i have canceled my order for the keyboard, i do not want to take chance of getting banned from the game.
lycastusmkd

Shadowknight Main

Postby Brohg » Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

I've used software that emulates the keyboard functionality you describe for nearly a decade. These things seem clearly permissible to me as they do not modify the client or interfere with communication between it and the servers. There is some question over whether letting them run while you are wholly afk is verboten, but there's certainly no need to incur repetitive stress injuries to play EQ. Start up your automatic keyboard or software keypress utility or whatever while you watch the full run of Doctor Who on Netflix or something from your desk chair.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm

From what I have seen the general rule is that those types of keyboards are legal as long as you are still at the keyboard and if you walk away from the computer then it changes.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby drzoon » Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 am

drzoon

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Aw man, it's less fun when they actually say it's okay.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Game Mechanics