[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Macro mess

Macro mess

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Macro mess

Postby Aikoiko » Mon May 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey all,

I've been 3-boxing my SHM(74)/SK(62)/WIZ(61) crew, each with mercs (using a tank merc atm until SK is up in lvl and gear and two dps mercs).

I have been tagging the mobs with the SK, then the tank Merc chrages in and takes agro. I quickly shift over to the Shaman to hit a macro key I have been trying to work the bugs out on, but I just can't get it to work.

I basically want to cast HoT on the tank Merc, cast Panther (on group), then send in pet. Here is what I have now, but after severl iterations, I am missing something (probably something simple as well):

/tar kreklog (Merc)
/cast 6 (Halcyon), pause 60
/cast 4 (Panther), pause 60
/asstist
/pet attack

This one doesn't target mob, but I do get the "this is not a valid taget" message from pet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aikoiko Unday
Shaman of Grey Hawke - The Rathe (formerly Karana)

Aikoiko

Server: The Rathe (Karana)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Macro mess

Postby Ughbash » Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 pm

try replacing your /assist
with
/pause 5, /assist

Should cause a half second delay after you assist before you send in your pet.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Aikoiko » Mon May 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks Ughbash, I knew it was probably something simple... I'll try it this evening.
Aikoiko

Server: The Rathe (Karana)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 am

The assist and pet attack commands may both be trying to happen while you cast the panther. Cast lines with pause work LIFO. As you have them shown here, there's the target command, then 6 seconds later you start casting Halcyon, and six seconds after that you begin casting Panther. Since there's no command between panther & the last two lines, they're entered immediately.

Um, also, it may no longer be the case, but last I checked the /pause command could only be used in tandem on a line with /cast, not other stuff. Could well have changed. I'll log on tomorrow to check it out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Game Mechanics