[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Computer help please!

Computer help please!

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Computer help please!

Postby Devsar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Ok, I ran a full scan. Now when I try to log into EQ I am stuck in windowed mode. I have tried changing my computers resolution and im still stuck. Whenever I try to alt enter or go to full screen mode in game under options EQ locks up and I have to end task in the task manager. I have even uninstalled EQ and reinstalled it. Any advise? :evil:
Devsar

Shaman Main

Re: Computer help please!

Postby fendaann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 pm

What DirectX are you using?

Everquest requires that you install DirectX 9.0c separately. You still need to do this even if you have DirectX 10. Link to Microsoft installer.

if your problem is that the button never changes from "Updating" to "Play", then right click on your shortcut to Everquest, select Properties, Compatibility Tab, Set to run as Admin.

For Vista/Windows 7 users, To avoid problems with over-zealous security, it is best to install to a directory that isn't under "Program Files" - for example "C:Everquest". You should also set the properties of the Everquest short cut so that it runs as Administrator.

http://www.paullynch.org/tnzfaq/

Installation:

How can I install Everquest?

How long does it take to download?

How much space does an installation of Everquest require?

Does Everquest run on Vista/Windows7?

I have installed Everquest, but it doesn't work. What now?
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Ok, I ran a full scan. Now when I try to log into EQ I am stuck in windowed mode.

if you are making it in the game do an ALT-O think theirs is a button to switch modes on on of the tabs?
fendaann

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Devsar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 pm

i am running windows XP and i can get in the game and play, im just stuck in windows, when i try to go to full screen i lock up.
Devsar

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Right. But what version of DirectX are you running?
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby fendaann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 pm

you might try the sony EQ support forums
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forum ... gory_id=15
fendaann

Wizard Main