[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Nice Tool

Nice Tool

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Nice Tool

Postby Greaux » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Greaux

Server: AB

Postby Samanna » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:35 pm

The gives many more, but by the time I got one, I was too accustomed to making due with a regular keyboard, so I gave mine away.

Would have been awesome if I had one when starting, though. Nice for the left hand to have more to do.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Jind » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:31 pm

I use it for dual-boxing my cleric - for the boxers out there it is a wonderful tool that simplifies so much. Not the easiest item to program, but once you get the swing of it, it is fairly intuitive. I also like the fact that you can program a key to stop the macro dead in it's tracks, unlike EQ's rudimentary macros.

Jind

Jind

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby vortecks » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:54 am

vortecks

Server: Maelin Starpblah

Postby Rieve » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:54 pm

First post =)

I cannot play without my Nostromo anyore, It's just to handy.

I can target all group members, cycle mobs, assist my usual MA, cast all 9 spells, 8 of 10 hot buttons, sit/stand, stopcast, esc, ctrl, and a few others that are not popping into my head, all without moving from my controller.

The next thing is to get one setup for my boxed cleric ~grin~
~Deal justly and all will be well~
Rieve

Server: Bertoxx

Postby Scowls » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Caanus Grey » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:26 am

You certainly can perform just as well with keyboard as you can with the Nostromo, but having gone from a highly customized keyboard layout to using the Nostromo was quite remarkable. The main thing about the Nos is that you can set up multiple functions per key, so in the case of abilities that you hide in other hotkeys (for example for me to call a slow landing in debuff channel is SHIFT 6 then 6, if resisted it is SHIFT 6 then 5) you can instead do them in a single click.

Really, doing multiple clicks (like shift 6 6) is intuitive once you get used to it, so for me the Nos is mainly about comfort (fits on the hand VERY nicely) and the functionality of the 3 extra modes. It's like a spare SHIFT ALT CTRL key lying around for mapping even more things.

I think my only complaint with the setup on it so far is that a toggle for red/green/blue sets that key for ALL modes instead of just the modes you establish it in.
Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Gave it away?

Postby Edge » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:13 pm

Edge

Server: Saryrn

Postby Samanna » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:48 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Beafly » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:05 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Phatcow » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:08 pm

70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Sydena » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:39 pm

I use that for foraging on my hunnies ranger that's about it. use to use it for everying but 2 boxing the key board was easier for me, then again i never had any good profile to make the keys work for what I wanted.

If anyone has any good set up for the keys pls pm me =)
/

Shaman Officer of
Sydena

Server: Bristlebane / Maryland

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:18 pm

Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Return to Game Mechanics