Bandolier/hot keys/macros

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Bandolier/hot keys/macros

Postby Gloriana » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:10 pm

Ungkor
Currently, I have my epic in an open inventory slot, and equip my TA in primary.

I have a custom UI that lets me click my epic from inventory to use the hot, and then I have a hotkey button 1 to click my TA.

From comments in the Tacvi thread, it seems like folks are having success using the Bandolier to use both. Well, I tried it tonight, and well it seems to work ok, I want to make it better.

Namely, I don't like having to use up two hotbuttons to switch back and forth.

What I'd like to do, is to have one button that does something like this:

/Activate Bandolier TA
Casts the TA
/pause for TA cast
/Activate Bandolier Epic

Since I normally alternate nihili and TA, I'm not too concerned by a delay in reusing the TA, although that might be annoying at times.

What I can't figure out, is the "Cast the TA" part of the hotbutton. How do you refer to either A) the primary slot or B) the primary slot dragged to a hotbutton, from a hotbutton.

I was thinking you should be able to refer to a hotbutton on any key bank, from a hotbutton, but for the life of me couldn't figure out how.

Caanus Grey

You cannot set up a macro to click any item in inventory or on your person. All you can hope to do to make it quick would be something along the lines of making hotbank 2 have slot 1 as TA bandolier, slot 2 as clicking the primary slot, and slot 3 as the 1.5 bandolier.

In this case, you could click the TA by entering the following quick key commands:

SHIFT + 2, 1, 2, (wait), 3, SHIFT + 1

That is about the quickest way you can set up the bandolier to run a weapon swap and TA click and then return to normal operations (or ideally, have 3 hotkey slots you can use on your normal setup, then the "SHIFT +" steps aren't needed at all).

EeyonRN

not sure what you ended up doing here, but i saw this thread and thought that i'd mention that you can also sacrifice a keyboard key for space in your ui anytime you don't feel like jumping through a bunch of hoops. i hate custom UIs, because i end up spending more time maintaining them than playing the game.

an alternate solution, which i used before bandolier existed for a similar problem, would be to bind a key to your macro and tie a bank switch command to that key. then when you push the key, you activate the macro and switch to bank 6 or whatever bank you don't use, and your primary slot is on that bank.

push key, right click cast, flip back while casting. no annoying pause command, no wasted space, and mechanically pretty easy and fast.

i just got DoN today, so i was pondering what to do with all my slots, since i really don't need that many for anything.

/activate bandolier sledgey
/alt activate 50
/attack

i don't know why i still carry my stupid sledgemallet around, but if you've got it in your inventory, might as well make that macro. you never know when it might save you from a death in a situation where you can't gate. even doing it manually, before bandolier, with a bank switch key saved me from dying in crappy places quite a few times over the course of a couple of years. of course, dying isn't that big of a deal anymore, but whatever. its hard to come up with 5 better uses for the thing.

psionic11

Hey EeyonRN -- what is the line command to switch banks in a macro? Using this technique would increase my productivity mucho.
Can't tell you how many times i've manually switched hotbanks to activate an AA then forgot to switch back to my main hotbank.

Guessing, I'd say it was /bank #

EeyonRN

i don't know if there is a line command for it. i just go into keyboard options and double bind a key. for me it was the a key. when i hit A, my 2nd hotkey would activate, and i would switch to bank 6. it wasn't actually a line in the macro itself. you can bind as much stuff to one key on your keyboard as you want.

if there is no line command for switching banks, and you use a lot of banks, you can always set up your number pad to dual as activating corresponding macros and switching back to your main bank. once you got used to using it, you wouldn't get caught so much in the wrong bank while you're fighting.

edit: another thing you can try is to set up your left mouse button to switch you to bank one. if you use a bound key to get to the alternate bank, then you'd switch back as soon as you activated the ability. i'm not sure what would happen if you clicked the bank scroll button though.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Return to Game Mechanics