[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Want your old custom UI back? look here

Want your old custom UI back? look here

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Want your old custom UI back? look here

Postby Scowls » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:17 am

dont like the look of the new defualt, or just want your old custom to work again now that your used to it? you can do it easy with steps here . you just need to make a copy of the default_old file and put your custom files in it, then rename it, and now your old custom will have the new files to let it pull from the new defualt

How to use your old UI step by step

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make a copy of the \uifiles\default_old folder (copy it then paste it in the uifiles directory)
2. Rename it to whatever you want.
3. Copy all of the files from your usual ui folder.
4. Oaste them into the folder you made in step 2
5. issue the command: load <name_of_the_ui_folder> 1 inside eq

Voila.

Example:

1. Select default_old in the uifiles folder. I copy it then I paste it to make "copy of default_old"
2. I select "copy of default_old" and rename it to "vert_old"
3. I go into my current UI which is "vert" and I copy all of the files.
4. I go into the "vert_old" folder and paste the files I just copied, over the existing files (yes to all).
5. I go into EQ (I had it running while I did the above) and typed: load vert_old 1

My old UI now works, wee. I will need to upgrade it eventually I'm sure.

EDIT:
Unverified by me:
Gymndefender reminded people to make sure that your new folder name is all one word by using an underscore instead of a space.

EDIT:
People with mouse questions, this was in the patch message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch_Message
Mouse pointer customization can be done on a UISkin level. Just make your own .cur files with the appropriate names. (Please see the default directory for the .cur names.)

.cur is a Windows system cursor file. See c:\windows\cursors for many, many cursor files. You can make your own by creating a file using various icon/cursor editors. I believe it is a windows bitmap file (guessing) and the ones in the default directory are 32x32 @ 24bit color.

You can use the new cursors with your old UI. Simpy copy the .cur files from the new "default" into your current UI folder. Reload it if you are in-game.

EDIT:
Looks like Sars may not work with this. Post if someone figures out why or how to make it work.[[/url]

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Return to Game Mechanics