[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - OoW - MPG: Ingenuity

OoW - MPG: Ingenuity

Timeless Saves - Check here first for ginormously useful info.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

OoW - MPG: Ingenuity

Postby Henora » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:54 pm

I've searched a bit but I can't find any solid conclusion that the boss of this trial is unslowable. Lots of posts say he is slowable, and a few say he is disease slowable. I had no luck with any kind of slow (I lack the new disease debuff, but have the Omens magic slow).

I did the trial last night and won, but it was a near thing. I suppose this trial will be pretty trivial with a full group and everyone level 70 with their spells and new focuses and omens AA and such, but I think it would be helpful to know anyways. Sorry if this was answered before, I've been away a while and trying to catch up. :)

thanks
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Trevalen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:04 pm

I believe he is immune to any spell which is not unresistable. I think perhaps he used to be disease slowable, but no longer is. The Putrid Decay OoW disease debuff, which is on a -200DR resist check would not land, so it makes me very doubtful that anyone will manage to land Cloud of Grummus on him.
Trevalen

Postby Gukak » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:52 am

Last edited by Gukak on Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gukak

Server: Antonious Bayle

Postby Caanus Grey » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:47 am

Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Postby Henora » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:31 am

Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Sordar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:27 pm

I have done this trial numerous times and have tried just about every slow I have (Discord, and the disease line). Nadda has ever landed. On one of the attempts though , a ranger tried his slow sword and thought that it landed. Anyone able to confirm if wpn slow procs might work ?
Sordar

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby XeroOmega » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Guardians of the Keep
Drinal
XeroOmega

Server: Drinal

Shaman Main

Postby Gward » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:50 am

Gward

Postby Samanna » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:38 am

Posted by Lickity at http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=198 :

I made this at the request of my guild, thought it might be of some use to the the shaman as well =)
MPG Trial Proven Successful Strats

Ingenuity: 15 minutes

There is one main mob in this trial, the master, who is IMMUNE to all damage other than that given by weapons that drop in the trial. He is auto aggro at the beginning of the trial unless you have a bard to fade/rogue to escape, FD could conceivably work too, but i've yet to try it.

Have everyone congregate on the first platform on either side, there is a dragorn there with weapons of some sort. When you start the trial, you will stay on this platform for about three minutes and just farm the dragorn for weapons. They will usually drop two weapons each. Leave the corpses, do not loot the weapons. The weapons break over time, and the timer starts when looted. I farm these for the better part of 4 minutes, (11 minutes left on the trial), then everyone jumps off to the side, (away from the entrance). The Blue/Green colored mobs in this trial are charmable, the red ones are permarooted and are not.

If you have an enchanter, have them get their pet now (look, its already equipped.) and have the melee loot a couple weapons off the ground, but leave some for later (30 minute corpses.)

Have your tank disc pull the named. This thing hits like a truck, I have had three healers on the tank in this trial and it wasn't overkill. He has two forms, Reflective and non-reflective (You will see "reflective aura" in his name.) If he is reflective, he hits you back with anything you do to him spellwise x 1.5. He is unslowable in both forms. Each weapon has a clicky effect, its a -1000 chromatic resist 800pt nuke, does about 1% of his life. They can click this until the weapon breaks, which takes on average about 3 minutes, some last the duration of the trial, some break before you engage the boss. Without an enchanter charming, this trial will come down to the wire, and odds are, there will be no room for the shaman either, as you aren't doing much other than healing the tank, and doing essentially zero DPS. With an enchanter charming however, a cleric and shaman can keep up the tank without the cleric going OOM, and you can finish the trial with 5 minutes to spare.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Jin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Jin

Postby Karacus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:53 am

Probably should be mentioned that the nearest platform mob on the right as you enter is always rooted in place, so you are gonna get slapped a few times when going to loot a new 1h weapon (DS=BAD), Master is in fact not only immunte to spells that are not unresitable but melee from any weapons but those that drop in trial which in fact degrade not only as you use them, but over time as well melee generally wear them out with not time taken to nuke, while all casters blast clicky nukes and heal/melee.

When I do this trial I generally pull the unrooted mobs just a bit away from platform near wherever we plan to fight the boss and stack up a pile of them there typically unrooted mobs have 2 handers which are what casters use to nuke, and get used up the fastest. we farm for 3-5 minutes and one person solely feeds us mobs in between killing the nearest rooted mob they are pretty timid mobs with relatively low hp, alternatively I have spent the whole trial farming rooted mobs weapons while the group killed master when we had no agro escaper on board but yer best off to bring someone who can fade/escape/fd to trigger trial, as this is extreemly risky, and you can not farm weapons untill the trial starts so your melee actually start with nothing

To say shaman is no dps would be completely inaccurate, epic: more & harder crits+healing and champ combined with clicking out nukes about 2-3 per on Plain ole Master not (reflective) = more then just added DPS thay can't really rely on without a shaman in there. I have done this trial many many many times and only once took a enchanter. Saw no measurable advantage with him over say a rogue or ranger /shrug this may difffer dependant on level of gear of course.

Server: of milk and cookies

Postby phatteydump » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:12 am

~Phats
phatteydump

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus