[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - PoR - Nectar of Pain info

PoR - Nectar of Pain info

Timeless Saves - Check here first for ginormously useful info.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 pm

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 pm

ick.....

Well, soloing saga skins now, there's me in the zone and that's it for a coupla hours. I'm at 2/9 for it. Red mobs think they're pretty bad arse and charge like a 10 spawn of something else. Kinda hard to pull through all the trash thats around. I disliked doing this quest the first time. Even more now.
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:35 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:33 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Transfer over to Tribunal and we'll rock Deva . . . It was lonely in there for the 3 hours prior to raids that I tried to solo mobs. I'm a craptacular puller, so, I had a lot of zoning to do.
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:39 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:44 am

Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:32 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby avelariel » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:38 am

Thing to note about the Sverag skin-droppers is, looting a skin in Sverag won't start the task if you don't already have it. So you need to loot at least one skin in Devastation before you loot any in Sverag, or you won't get credit for them.

I should think shaman could solo lots of the Dev red cons for skins, but some of the summoners get pretty rough? Be very impressed if you could solo a red con bolvirk - summons, hard heavy hitters, stun AE, and all!

I did the task mostly 2-boxed cleric/bard, I did solo a few of them with just bard, but those pulls really aren't easy :) much respect to any non-"pull class" who gets many of these solo!
avelariel

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:42 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:19 pm

Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:22 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:25 am

Perhaps some help from you soloing types. I'm working on this during weird hours when there's not many people on mainly, thus, I've soloed the first 5 skins I've regotten (yes, I had 8 of the 9 skins, then a patch removed the quest and I had to start over :evil: :evil: :evil: ).

I've killed the Wurine, Berserker, Undead, Evil Eye and Orc ones. I still need Kobold, Drachnid, Shiliskin and Brovik. In attempting a shiliskin, I found it summons. I believe the drachnid did too. I know for a fact the Brovik does. How do you deal with this. On the giant one, I don't see being able to do solo period (let alone finding a red con one up), but I'd like to think the others are.

I tried pet pulling using the 55 pet (green to me), it brought all the mobs. I know virtually nothing about pet pulling, I rarely have used my pet since level 61 or so (PoP PoI era, the last time I really tanked current content in teh face). From my understanding, a green con pet to me shouldn't do that. Or is the pet too high of level. The one time I tried the pet below that one, it brought 4, but they were intercepted by a spawn right on top of them. The pet, needless to say, was pwned quick (just like the 55 one). What am I sposed to be doing with this pet pulling and/or what am I doing wrong with it. I would get close enough to engage pet on red mob, send it in and back out to a near-by place I chose to fight at (hi Ragewind and Titanatron).

The drachnid casts a snare-like spell with some sort of dot component and the shiliskin can charm you from what I've seen. Don't know about the Kobold yet (they seemed to be rather rare today for some reason).

Also, anyone attempting to solo in the zone. If there is more than 15 or so people in the zone, forget it. Each person in the zone adds larger amounts of lag to the point where pulling is completely futile at around 35 or so people (mobs keep lagging back, moving, lagging back, etc...). This isn't a connection issue, I have a T1 line and never experience lag outside of this zone (and like once or twice in Elddar Forrest).

Any assistance you can provide would be really appreciated. Too bad the GM wouldn't fix my quest, I'm pretty sure there was a way they could have done it without saying 'Too bad so sad . . .'
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:52 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby jdthomas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm

jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:12 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:15 pm

Finori

Postby Slithor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:23 pm

Member of
Now version 2.0!
Slithor

Server: Terris-Thule(Prexus)

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:28 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Fraustbyte » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:54 am

Hello all. It wasn't until another shaman, Kantor, casted Nectar of Pain on me that i realized how great it was. I have pretty good resists, and it landed pretty easily on me and did some damage. I never bothered before getting this spell because it seemed like a hastle and there wasn't realy that much information about it on websites. The other night I boxxed an SK, and had a wizzie friend to help me camp the skins. First night was very easy. In about 3 hours i had successfully pulled about 18 skin mobs. My strategy was to snare one of the red cons while they were walking away, then train them up near castle to safe spot. Once his friends left, I would bring my shaman over and cast malos on the red con, then root him in camp until aggro clears. I did this after i noticed my pull being ganked by an oppossing faction's posse. Once i got aggro clear message we owned him up.
I ran into an obstacle though last night when i wanted to camp Bolvriks. That night, they controlled the tower and I tried to clear the right hallway to make easier pull. I snared a bolvrik, then fd. I wanted to debuff the mob before i engaged with sk (was going to malos/slow/cripple and HoT SK), when the mob freakin warps on me and almost kills me, luckly i was able to zone. We gave up and decided to do it tommorrow when we could get more people. The next day, we find that undead now controlled the tower, so we were out of luck there. Also, i found one red con Bolvrik in the whole zone and pulled him. I was so excited that i might finally finish this spell...he drops a freakin ear. Do yellow/db con Bolvriks in Dev have 0% chance to drop skin? Anyone have a link as to where to go in Sverag to find The Subtugator, like a marked map. I really want to finish this quest, and the Bolvriks are not cooperating!
Fraustbyte

Postby Retron » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:49 am

Hmm, according to my sums if you can get a 30% or higher detrimental focus (Zombie Malaise, Curse of Takish or Vindication of the Dragorn) and used an Efficiency Awareness potion you'd see an initial tick of 704 damage, followed by 692, 680 etc.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Fraustbyte » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:09 am

Fraustbyte

Got it done in two days...

Postby Kubax » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:42 pm

Hello yall...

Got my first real group in Rage on Saturday, got me 3 skins. Sunday afternoon saw Guild groupage - BER SHD (later replaced by WAR) CLR MAG RNG and me.

Tactic used was like this: BER runs out, somehow creates train, MAG CotHs back (didn't work sometimes, BER got eaten before CotH was done). Meanwhile SHD would run out and snare redcon, or CotHed back BER gets his snared (or whatever he used, no idea) mob to camp spot (which was on a Wall, i assume west, didn't really check the compass for it).

Got all of my remaining skins within less then 4 hours. Even saw two red-cons drop the Skins double, which was kinda convenient to be honest :)

Can confirm the 668, 656, 644, 632, 620, 608, 596 and 596 Damage tics. Might even be tempted to use that one now, for normally i am Melee'ing when soloing without the usage of DoTs. This one however might make it in the Spell setup :D
Kubax

Server: Germany

Shaman Main

Postby Fraustbyte » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:03 am

Fraustbyte

Postby Galelor » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 am

Somehow, someway, I finally finished this quest just now thank god. Thanks for all the assistance everyone's given on the boards, now hopefully the spell lives up to my expectations, like cure cancer and destroy mobs in one tick :D
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Fraustbyte » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:26 am

What is the trick to getting to Subtugant? I found it very difficult to get there with all the mobs pathing, and seeing invis. I tried pulling to the first opening from the perimiter wall, but either way i look at it there are a but load of mobs to go through. Any suggestions?
Fraustbyte

Postby Fraustbyte » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:53 am

I am ashamed of you shamans for not telling me the proper way of getting to The Subtugant. I didn't get to kill the named, but it was a learning experience. So for those who don't know: watch for pathing, then run up the wall, and walk on top and around the perimeter of the interior wall until you reach the subtugant. Then there is a safe spot to pull the wanderers in the corner. I was able to heal a 12.5k ub sk pretty well on some trash, who only had wunshi. We had one add, and it creamed me and wizzie hit evac. next time i will have to bring a healer who doesn't afk then leave group =x.
Fraustbyte

Postby Fraustbyte » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:14 pm

Fraustbyte

Postby gaesekki » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:30 am

gaesekki

Server: Prexus

Postby Finori » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:43 pm

This might be a repeat but I didn't find it clearly spelled out:
One can aquire the spell also via alternative quests, which happen to be much easier than the Collecting all the Skins. Regardless of who is in charge of Sverag there will be always an indifferent NPC right behind the first breakable door. If you approach him close enough he will offer you various tasks. Most of which will yield this spell, works for other classes as well. The tasks are nothing more than to bring him 4 no-drop pieces from another species, i.e. you can even loot them prior to getting the task. I recommend to briefly check who is in charge, then single out a different species that is plenty and easy to hunt, get the 4 no-drop pieces, return to Sverag, get the right task and turn the pieces in. Good Luck.
Finori

Postby Macnair » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:55 am

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ubundi » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:14 am

Ubundi

Server: Prexus

Postby avelariel » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:25 am

avelariel

Postby joks » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:20 am