[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - FD Ring from Sky - Quest and Info

FD Ring from Sky - Quest and Info

Timeless Saves - Check here first for ginormously useful info.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

FD Ring from Sky - Quest and Info

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:01 pm

skwayb

They renamed the items a long time ago and the Vermilion Sky Ring is the correct name now. yes it can be recharged in the Plane of Sky. You need 3 pieces for the quest. I have 2 of the 3 pieces but never got the sister to drop the ring needed to complete the quest and by this point everyone want to leave sky. Hopefully I will complete it some day.

Quest Info:
Quest #5: Shaman Test of the Snake
Crimson Ring of Desinence (Now called Vermilion Sky Ring)
Given by Ooga
Ooga says: Mmm, tes of snake not too bad, me did It an still alive. When me did It, me got Emerald Spiroc Feather, Bixie Essence, an Spiritualists Ring. Me get gud stuff for dat. Yuz giv me stuff all at once an me give to yuz what me got.

Emerald Spiroc Feather Drops off
Spiroc Arbiter
Spiroc Banisher
Spiroc Caller

Bixie Essence Drops off
Bazzazzt
Bizzazzt
Bzzt

Spiritualist's Ring Drops off (1 in 12 chance but you can farm here using the technique listed below)
Sister of the Spire

The quest is a pain since you have to go through Island 6 first and then to Island 7. You cannot have a nero summon you straight to Island 7. The reason is because you have to spanw Sirran the Lunatic on Island 6 and say a phrase backwards for him to spawn the sister on Island 7. If you don't do that then you can't get the ring that drops of her to complete the quest. Also you can't get the idol needed to go to island 8. I only ever seen Island 7.

Here is some info on it I have from a sky guide on how to spawn and farm the sister on island 7.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Narris (Sirran), sister of the spire, and farming keys for last isle.
After killing the Bazzt bitch boss. Sirran will spawn speaking backwards. This version of Sirran is there to spawn the sister of the spire (the boss of the next isle). Without spawning the sister, you will be stuck on drake isle and unable to proceed to the next isle.

To spawn the sister, you must tell Sirran "llaw eht htiw eno ma I" which is "I am one with the wall" backwards. Other similar phrases also work.

Drake isle normally just provides around 24 keys to the final isle of Veeshan. But, the sister drops 2 key pieces each time. You can trigger the sister as many times as you want, and get keys for everybody in your raid.

To do this, one person must remain behind on Bzzazzt isle when everybody else goes up to drake isle. They need to "/say citanul eht narris liah" (Hail Sirran the Lunatic, backwards) every minute or so to keep him from despawning. If you say the correct phrase he will reply back something backwards.

After the raid on drake isle kills the sister, the person entertaining Sirran should immediately tell him "llaw eht htiw eno ma I" to spawn a new sister. You may be tempted to not have the sister up for a while for various reasons. However, I suggest ALWAYS spawn the sister IMMEDIATELY after a sister is killed. The reason for this is if Sirran by some chance despawns (person with him went LD, fell asleep, etc), and no Sister is up. Then you are stuck on drake isle and unable to proceed to kill the Eye and Hand of Veeshan. If Sirran despawns and the Sister is up, you will still be able to get quite a few keys and hopefully will have enough people to kill the eye and the hand.

When you are ready to stop farming the sister, you should spawn the last Sister, but do not kill it until Sirran on Bzzazzt to despawns. After he has despawned you can kill the Sister which cause Sirran to spawn on Drake isle and you will be able to get your keys to Veeshan Isle.

I have never seen the Sister despawn, and have seen her up for at least 24 hours.

http://www.mythicvoyagers.com/EQLibrary ... eofSky.htm

Mondtanzer

Recharging ring - a trick is to corpse a lot of boxes in various locations in tranq (spread them out so a gm won't poof them) and then you have as many boxes as you corpsed for a week
really though it's a huge hassle, the ring has a nearly 50 % fail rate, you can't cast it while fd (have to stand, and stun can screw you up too..)
i've had four fails in a row, and then you're screwed until you go back to sky or get a box from a corpse.
took me about 30~ hours total for this, with a very well built ready to go elem-geared crew willing to help me. i just 2 boxed a char on bee isle to repeat hte phrase. we could kill sister indefinitely with no pauses, it took about 115 killings of her for the spiritualist's ring.
rest of the quest is cake.
Last edited by Gloriana on Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Re: FD Ring from Sky - Quest and Info

Postby Pecannius » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:15 pm

Pecannius

Postby KB » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:34 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Valsuvious » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:28 pm

hello, my name is

STICKMEPLZ!!!
Valsuvious

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:44 pm

As you wish.
Gloriana

Postby Valsuvious » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:08 pm

Valsuvious

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main

Postby Korabor » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:00 am

Anybody know a way to raise your faction in Sky? Was screwing around with some friends on the first island and killed a guy that ruined my faction, about 10 genies started chasing us which are very tough mobs for Sky and this quest has been on my to do list for a long time now but I can't get up there without getting swarmed.
Korabor

Server: Stromm

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:15 am

You can't fix it. /petition, and don't back down when the first two people tell you go f yourself. Insist that it be escalated, and eventually a GM will reset it for you.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Korabor » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:10 am

lol, thanks, already had 2 that told me to f off. Guess the third times a charm, lets hope anyways
Korabor

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 pm

Try not to be an arse about it, but specifically request that the ticket be escalated to a GM-Admin. Guides have no power to help you, and they have rote responses to give where faction issues are concerned (I'm sure you've already gotten them). The request to refer your issue on up the line, though, is like asking to be put on a telemarketeer's Do Not Call list in America. They have to do it.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Moontrei » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:28 pm

Moontrei

Server: The Nameless

Postby Korabor » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:10 pm

Korabor

Postby Gloriana » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:17 pm

Can you respond back there is NO WAY to correct faction for Sky?
Gloriana

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:40 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Moontrei » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:55 pm

Moontrei

Server: The Nameless

Postby Henora » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:58 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Gloriana » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:01 pm

Gloriana

Postby KB » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:28 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Korabor » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:38 pm

Trying again hehe. BTW, has the serverwide shaman channel changed? had to reinstall so lost my channels
Korabor

Postby Gloriana » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:26 am

Gloriana

Postby Korabor » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:24 pm

Korabor

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Korabor » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:41 pm

Korabor

Postby Gward » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:18 pm

Gward

Postby konarg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:52 pm

question: where stand on Birdy island?

I went to 8 oclock like my guide said to avoid Guardian but halfway thru the fight with 7 others... scored the DT for 97000.

Better to stay close to guardian and kill him too?

was a bit hairy but with DS potion I was able to fight all the adds at once with ae slow to start... but the BOOM at the end kinda sucked.
konarg

Postby Pecannius » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:14 pm

yea the DT range is quite crazy, much larger than line of sight. stay close to the guardian and you should be fine. Note, the guardian will instantly respawn as long as the DT guy is still up, so kill him last.
Pecannius

Postby Brohg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:35 pm

DTs have infinite range. You very simply have to stay off of agro list.

Btw, got that backwards, Pecannius. DT guy is the one that respawns, if the Guardian isn't killed.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby konarg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 pm

But doesnt Guardian insta respawn if banisher, vanquishers, the other things aren't all dead?
konarg

Postby Brohg » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:48 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cabe » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Cabe

Server: AB

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Pecannius » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:11 pm

Pecannius

Postby Sydena » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:21 pm

/

Shaman Officer of
Sydena

Server: Bristlebane / Maryland

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Pecannius » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 pm

Pecannius

PoSky : Spiroc Isle

Postby Zazra » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 pm

after reading the http://www.mythicvoyagers.com/EQLibrary ... eofSky.htm it does note that it was last updated 11/26/01 so I was wondering if anyone else had noticed some differences.

On the Spiroc isle it seems that none of the birds respawn when you kill them anymore. No matter if you kill the vanquishers first, lesser spirocs or the guardian. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never tried to kill the Spiroc Lord first ..... but that would just be silly :P

It's kind of annoying becuase I still haven't had my Emerald Spiroc Feather drop =\
Zazra

Server: Maelin

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:49 pm

I noticed that when I was there recently too (about the Spirocs)... and chain hailing Sirran to keep him from despawning (and to cycle sister over and over) didn't work. He despawned in like 22 minutes.
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:59 pm

you have to hail that sirran backwards, Henora. "citanul eht narris, liah", just like you have to say the trigger backwards. Using regular hails is just like doing nothing. It works, as recently as two months ago. Go check Silent Resurgence shm profiles, we all got ring the same weekend, from one hour and a half farm session. :)
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zazra » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:51 pm

Zazra

Server: Maelin

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box