[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - It's been a year. Curious about the 1 to 50 game.

It's been a year. Curious about the 1 to 50 game.

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

It's been a year. Curious about the 1 to 50 game.

Postby Ordee » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:42 pm

Ordee

Postby shakiren » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:22 am

it sick. i come back after leaving the game for 2 years did the tutorial and i didnt even spawn in my home town, that agitated me. fricken spawned in plane of knowledge GIMMIE back newbie town
shakiren

Postby Lickity » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:36 pm

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby gurgul » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:55 pm

If you are thinking back to the EQ of pre-kunark then it is not accurate to say the game has changed a lot. That game no longer exists.

I loved that old game but I love this new one too. There is good and bad about both.

I too am a troll shaman raised in the swamps btw.
gurgul

Postby Vork » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:02 pm

The "new" 1-50 game goes kinda like this....

LFG UberToon_01 thinks to himself "damn. this sucks. I'm rollin a bard. I'll never waste hours like this again!

.....Three hours and 12 levels later; after yawning through the tutorial and spending eleventy billion plat in the bazaar, SuperTwinkedNewToon makes his way to Paludal Caverns.

"Dude this sucks. Ive been here for 2 hours and I've only dinged twice. Time for the secret weapon."

<logs in PocketDruid v. 3.1>

"Yes! this is awesome! C'mooooooooooooon sweet xp!"

**By this point there is usually obnoxious /ooc bickering about kill stealing, camp stealing, train stealing, grilled cheese making techniques, and who could solo better here with their twink monks back in the day**

By now, SuperTwinkedNewToon is level 20. He gets his surname, which is almost always related to genitalia or drugs. THEN SuperTwinkedNewToon decides it's time for OT or CC and off he goes. He (or she, sorry ladies) will always skip past the zone in area and proceed to where the best action is. After making DAMN sure that the entire zone knows he/she (can i call it shim from now own, please?) has finally arrived, and that you, yes, you couldnt possibly survive one more attack from that A Kunark Rhino without shim in your group.

In fact, if you dont group with shim right now, you will die. SuperTwinkedNewToon will invariably get extremely upset that you cant add a seventh member to your party, and thinks that it is mighty unfair that you disband yourself so shim can join in "for just a second." By now, SuperTwinkedNewToon has thier Heal_Bot_05 zoned in, and they proceed to bring the entire Dragoon Army, complete with packhorses and cooking pots; crashing down right on top of you. Damn, I hate when that happens, dont you?. Of course, someone in your group will have to log, because their pet snail just ruptured a disk in it's back, the stove is having sex with the washing machine, or they have to go pick up their mom from work. Imagine that. Now there is a spot for your dear friend and bosom buddy, STNT (that's short for SuperTwinkedNewToon, try to keep up).

Now, you just KNOW that the STNT is the BEST at pulling. tanking. mezzing. dotting. healing. nuking. rooting. scratching. Ok, so I made the last one up. Point is, in 30 minutes you're gonna be looking for some aluminum foil to chew on to get your mind of off how painful it is to group with this character. But, the best is yet to come. The random gear links. Not only does it show off how much money this dude just wasted; but it's gonna piss you off when ya realize something shim says they have bagged "for when the can use it" is an upgrade to YOUR level 60 main!

At this point, log. /q. pull the plug out. Hell, pull the computer out. Trip a breaker, shove forks in your outlets and cancel your subscriptions. This dude just put you on their friends list.

That's pretty close to what I see happen. Its a rat-race to 65 and raid-content, and most people arent kind enough to care who they have to step over, on, or through to get there first. Then again, it seems this sort of thing started two days before baseball, so Im sure you know about all this. :lol:
Vork

Server: Tribunal

Postby Brohg » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:46 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ungkor » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:41 am

Ungkor

Postby Ordee » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:20 am

Sorry to hear that Vork. I was experiencing the same thing you described a few years ago when Kunark epics were the top items to get. A 32 Cleric joins the group and proceeds to let everyone know that she can't wait to try her new toy out. She links her epic Water Sprinkler of Ak Ahn or whatever you call it. I just about /quit out right there. It's a shame to see that the new 1 to 50 game is dead and that the age of the PL your twink or raid BOT has arrived fully. The first time I saw someone using a Shaman BOT during a small Chardok raid I was so depressed. That shaman was nothing more that someones free hand buffing and slowing while they played their main character. I was asked to not do any slowing and just keep up haste on the raid if I could. It just got worse and worse after this point. Pretty soon after Luclin was released you couldn't find a young character that didn't have a high level "ANON AFK" Druid, Shaman or Cleric sitting close by. I used to go into Innoth and Nektolous and have little giveaway games for those who could find me in hidden locations. That idea died a swift death. Stuff that a charcter would have loved were soon laughed at and criticized by level 5's and 8's. Times change I guess, but the game was really amazing for me when I started. This was a game that made you jump up and cheer and dance around the room when you accomplised one of your goals. Were talking stuff like getting SoW for the first time, getting your first pet, finding and killing the Ancient Cyclops, finding and killing the Glacier Bear for your Totemic Helm, finding and killing one of the rares in Rathe Mts. I hate you Mortificator Syythrak!! Hunted him forever for that staff. It's a shame that those days are gone but I am one who understands that change is inevitable. Maybe something else will come around to bring the feeling of adventure back to us MMORPG players.

Ordee
Ordee

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:13 pm

Jarcey
85th Season SHM

Dethsangel Beckons
85th Season SHD

Rheece
80th Season MAG

Yeah I 3box... /shrug

Stop Canni Time....

May the Great Spirit bless you, your home,
and those you love with peace and happiness.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kaloog » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:25 am

Who moved my cheese?!

Yeah the game is radically different to those of us who started at the beginning, and YES, you do run into ppl that suck the life out of yoru fun, but move along, keep looking, and you can still find TONS of fun. I run into real honest to goodness noobs out there, or old timers playing new toons, that are really into it, and have a great time with these people. The game is what you make it.
Kaloog

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing