[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Level 82-85 Soloing

Level 82-85 Soloing

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Level 82-85 Soloing

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am

I'm just returned a short while ago and have been finding it hard to find a spot that I can root rot real xp. As far as I can tell, pretty much nowhere in UF is this realistic, at least in the zones you have access to at the beginning of the expansion. Since I was gone for about 2 years, I don't have any high access in SoD either. Guild groups are mainly in zones that I can't get to and most backflagging of zones is rare to non-existant. PUGs are meh at best (I'm pretty sure the LFG tool don't exist anymore). I have solo'd all but the last 2 tasks to complete all of the Oceangreen theme. I did level 81 in Blackburrow, but after dinging, everything was light blue. Granted 99% of it doesn't summon, but I'd like to think there's got to be somewhere better than this for xp'ing. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Level 82-85 Soloing

Postby warador » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:49 am

i solo in tosk all the time my favorite spot is by the bridge to warrens im 85 so just working aas but i have over 3k and still get about 15% per kill with lod
warador

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:43 pm

For straight exp, some vendor plats? Loping Plains, Gyrospire Beza, Field of Scale
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:50 am

If you go beza, you may want to do the instances. Zone rare-drops are 2 usable augs. Zone ultrarare-drops is a fastcast root-clicky and a long recast snare-clicky. All mobs outside are easy single-pulls. I got the snare-clicky but not the root. But I have the shield already for a fast root-clicky.

Bloodmoon-instance offers an invulnerably clicky as zonerare ... that I found out by luck :) But there are alot of sos-mobs lingering around, not friendly maybe for soloing.

Another instance also offers an eye of zom-clicky. Not shure which it was, maye ship? One of my friends really camped it until he got it .

If you have a merc, 1 player more should be enought to request the instances.
If you are camping and have also a chance to get a useful drop, a camp tend to last longer befor you feel the urge to move on.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm mainly looking for real xp, plat from camping is good, but not really needed. Still working on gold boomerang missions for me, then my boxes as time allows. My magelo is up to date if you need to know what my pathetic (for today's standards) gear is :evil:

I haven't checked again yet, but I know PL'ing my warrior and berzerker bots with Kana on 100%xp was pretty bad doing zombies in Loping. I'll try it solo to see if 1) they're still dark blues (they were at 80), and 2) if the xp non-grouped is worth anything. Grouped, it was about 15 kills per 1% or so. Every time I was in the zone though, it was completely packed camp-wise besides those zombies and some minotaur caves due to the hot zone currently.

Haven't tried soloing in Beza, FoS or Tosk before, will give it a go. Was trying to see if there was non-summoning mobs in UF especially with the 20% xp bonus and mobs being much higher level. Non-summoning and rootable is required since my J-2(? whatever the top is with no progression done) merc can't tank crap in UF at all with my healing. Then tried it with my 2 boxes both with cleric mercs (both at level 71) and we still can't kill a simple mob in brell's rest (which I assume is the easiest zone in UF). My warrior is definately not geared/aa'd to tank even SoF, so that's out. That pretty much leaves root-rot as far as I can tell, especially with my odd work hours in the comming month.

I did try Bloody Kith based on a guildie's suggestion day before yesterday, but didn't find a damn thing that wasn't light blue besides the large groups in the invader camps. Granted, kills were very fast with fluffy and merc, but xp was completely horrible. Might be an okay PL spot, saw a couple of people doing that in there.

I really hate locked zones, reminds me of the good ole PoP days, but I was on the "good" side of that one.

Just saw someone posted after I started writing. Good ideas! I just don't know what I would do with giving up my clicky root pants, they've lasted me so long that they're an heirloom... Got an eye clicky from way back when, but I could always use better augs, especially type 7/8 ones. Going from raid gear to group gear left me in bad shape aug-wise...
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:09 am

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:16 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 am

Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 am

More augs? Mech guardian instance 2 usable zone-rare-augs, targetable instant shrinc- (Humanoid Reductionizer) and 5 seconds-invis-clicky on ultrarare. Upper levels should be darkblue til 83-84. Whenever you pass a tube, you will find a box on the floor as groundspawn. This is an instant-gate to this spot. So once you crawled throught to upper tiers, next time you have zoned in you click the box and you are instant their again.

The missions with repopps is the generic one you get when you tell "head into" to the robot near the bank.
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby EeyonRN » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Once you have healing counterbias, its pretty inefficient to be exping via root rot. Its a stong enough spell that you can self-tank and use rogue merc in places like gyrospire beza, even with pretty crumby gear, and J5 rogue pretty much smokes shm damage, unlike warrior merc, which is super terrible dps. Just keep it on burn and use a root click. If you put it on balanced, it will just stand there half the fight, and if you burn but don't root, it will out agro anything you can do other than chain dd. Takes a while to get used to, but you can always practice in easier places like loping, etc.
warning your computer has been infected with an ip adress pleaes give me 10 dollars
EeyonRN

Server: slamdunk@urface.lol

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am

Not sure if my gear is up for that EeyonRN, but can attempt it. Just got 83 and rank III counterbias recently, so could go try some in beza. Found xp in beza to be crap even using a tank merc, but will attempt a rogue if my gear supports tanking with counterbias. Otherwise, I'll continue in old bloodfields. Got several aug drops from bloodfields, and i could use a few more of the purity augs that random drop there.
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby EeyonRN » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 am

my stuff is pretty junky too. i didn't play much at all for years. i got a few silver token items and a random assortment of low end group stuff. healing counterbias is a really big hot though, and it stacks with your normal hots. the bottom line really is that J5 rogue blows away the dmg that you or warrior merc does, so if you're going for pure xp, incorporating it somehow is pretty important. even if you use it as a tank, its only marginally less durable than the war merc, but still does a ton more dmg, even from in front. doing that is probably even better than rooting also imo.
EeyonRN

Server: slamdunk@urface.lol

Return to Grouping and General XPing