[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Good Lesson Burning for 3 Box

Good Lesson Burning for 3 Box

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Good Lesson Burning for 3 Box

Postby Mendler » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

Where do you all go that box for a lesson burn? I've been asking this question for awhile now and many people with little success. Everyones perspective is so different because the drastic variation of dps from toon to toon. I truly don't enjoy boxing tbh but I do it so that I may get what I need quicker.

My setup is:
War (end game raid) only 1400 aa's
Nec 600aa's all dps
Shammy 1200 aa's with a good mix of healing/dps

All are 85.

The spots that I have been are:
Center at Tosk for the boars (best exp but it's always camped)
FoS South part of the zone (not enough mobs)
Mech Guardian (to hard to run bots around if you're sleep deprived...yes its only one lvl at the top but blah)
FM in the center area but almost all mobs are light blue
Beza is way to slow exp wise

Some of my criteria is: easy to get to, no moving around, semi safe due to some afk's and ability to get 6 aa's per burn with my patheticly low dps with out killing myself. I'm able to tank anything in game and war dps isn't to bad. I usually drop necro and shammy out of group to bolster the exp on the war then add the others for their lesson burn also. I have heard of the instance in Warrens I think that sends mobs to you every so many seconds. I have yet to try that one and it seems like it would be a good fit but I doubt I could kill that fast.

I look forward to hearing some suggestions! I know the spots that I normally go are ok but I was hoping for a place that I have forgotten about or just plan didn't know of since I tend to stay away from instances (for no reason other than not being familiar).
Cleric, warrior, shammy, necro of Emarr
Mendler

Server: Emarr

Re: Good Lesson Burning for 3 Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Murdunk's Last Stand, constant mobs, safe pull spot and no competition.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:47 pm

I love Murdunks for a good lesson burn on my rogue, but to really make it worthwhile you really need to have a full group and kill everything that is sent at you. Me personally, I would add in some Merc friends and then use the Shammy and Nec to help the DPS issue. Let the Mercs heal, and just obliterate the mobs as they come in.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 am

Murdunk's Last Stand would need 4.2k group dps to kill off all. If you have a Raid-Tank, Shaman should do well for mainhealing. So 3 merc-tanks should add about 650 dps each. Just set MT, MA and the mercs to Assist might be OK that they dont run off.
On the other Hand, if you want to do XP, you don't want to kill more than 34 mobs if you wnat to get another instance right after the last one. For XP it should bea nice place.

When zoning in, right away we always run at this little "island" where one of the questgiver stands doing the progression in the non instanced Zone.
The zone is outdoor, put shaman and nec on the mount. As long as you stay on the island, nothing will add apart from the runners you pull in. They will pass close enought, that you don't need to move a step to aggro them, but far enought that they dont add, if you dont want it.

The big Boulderthrower mobs are those who have by far the most HP. If you can't kill the mobs back to back, let pass the Boulderthrower.

There is a chance to get some named also, probably also more than one in the same instance. Nice back-item and any kind of essence can drop out.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Technics » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 am

Hiding in Plain Sight task in Toskirak is what my monk friend does for solo lesson burns. It's an instance version of tosk and he goes into the middle and gets all the boars in the instance and kills them all at once, drops me from task, and regets until his lesson's down. I think he says he gets 6 or 7 aas solo. You need 3 people to request, which won't be a problem for you. There are roughly 15-18 boars in each instance. Give it a shot.
Technics

Shaman Main

Postby Chakkorisi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:46 am

Chakkorisi

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Zann » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am

Zone in on the Yellow spot, move to the North to the White spot camp.

Mobs follow the red line.
Zann

Postby Mendler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Mendler

Server: Emarr

Return to Grouping and General XPing