[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - where to hunt at 67 + 61 alt

where to hunt at 67 + 61 alt

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

where to hunt at 67 + 61 alt

Postby Helil » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:09 am

Hi everyone,

I returned to everquest after 2-3 years of non play :)
have been xping in zones and places i know so far. doing PoI -> PoV

Currently Have 67 shaman with 119 aa and 61 ranger with 18 or so aa (eq am2)

in pov aa xp flows very fast for the ranger, but shaman xp is slow.
I Have all expansion on the ranger, but the shaman lacks only the last expansion.

where should i hunt now? still need spells etc and some money to maybe rent me a merc?
Helil

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Re: where to hunt at 67 + 61 alt

Postby Ughbash » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:57 am

My suggestion expecially since you said hte AA flows very fast for your ranger now is stay there.

Get your Defensive AA maxxed, then get your offensive AA maxxed for your level. If you want to use the ranger as just archery support (which I would not recommend) you will find Endless Quiver to be better then AM3.

You may want to consider going to Fire when you are done there and your ranger can zone in (I forget what level they made that).

Could stay in fire til 70 (and a lot of AA) pretty easily.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:26 am

Might want to check out Crypt of Decay. Its a zone on tier with Pov and a hotzone this cycle with a 15 ac 45 hp/m aug.
frocus

Postby Helil » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 am

great advice, will stay there until i have at least some defensive aa's, geting 20% aa per kill ungrouped with shaman support, means an aa every 5 kills
veterandouble xp not enabled

will check out crypt of decay as well :)

pofire access is at level 60, so will check that out once i have some more aa.

thanks for the advice
Helil

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Mojarda » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 am

Max HeadShot (level 8 ) at level 76 on the ranger makes Halls of Honor a ranger's paradise for AA. Round up 8-10 mobs; use vinelash (AoE Root with snare component) to bunch up the mobs; /autofire on; use Hail of Arrows as it refreshes. At that level, my ranger was knocking out 10-12 AAs each lessons run. A good 2 hour session in HoH and I could pull 20 AAs. Named in HoH are headshotable but not rootable. So, melee them down while still casting HoA on them and the rooted bunch of trash.

I'd consider maxing Headshot, banking 30 AAs then leveling the ranger to 76. You could keep working AAs on the shaman till you feel the need to level him using the ranger to PL in HoH.

At 80 and HS 10, the ranger can lay waste to PoFire C1.
At 81 and HS 11, C2 opens up.
At 83 and HS 12, Lost Notebook mission.
At 85 and HS 13, Lost Gnome mission... skilled rangers are pulling 20+ AAs per lessons at this level.

I basically leveled my Ranger straight to 76; stopping only to get Archery Mastery 3, Endless Quiver and maxing Headshot as it came available. At 76, I ground out a few hundred AAs. I'm now leveling him to 81 and will stop there till I get him to 1000+ AAs. In between 76 and 80, it is kinda slow as there are no good zones for Headshot. But I can melee the "weak" conning animals in FOS with a merc and make about 20% reg xp each night in about an hour, including a lessons burn.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing