[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Need a new lesson spot

Need a new lesson spot

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Need a new lesson spot

Postby dzirkelb » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 pm

I 4 box 83 war, monk, ranger, shaman...war is 30k 4350

monk / ranger have crystallos group gear weapons.

I am currently doign beza instance, clear outside in 30 minutes, then done. However, this is netting around 2 blue of reg xp per lesson burn, and, well, that just sucks.

So, any suggestions on where to burn a lesson at now? I would like to keep a cleric merc out, but can bring one in if need be.

Also, same group, toss in a 81rogue / cleric (rog has crystallos piercer and 1hander, due to be upgraded).

We do not have access to the levels in the robot zone, and don't really feel like doing the quests to get it...so that is basically out of the picture.

I'd like to net 4 blue per lesson if possible, that would make me happy for my grind to 85.

I was thinking ship main floor, as I need steamcores for the alts anyways, but I'd like a place where splitting isn't necessary for faster pulls, but I can work with splitting ok (just split first round, then burn lesson on repops).
dzirkelb

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Need a new lesson spot

Postby Kumudil » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 am

Went to Steam Factory last week for the Sublime augmentation's Quest (all chars 85 groupgeared SOD T3 and less). We stayed there for a coupe of ours to get the needed kills. XP felt much better than beza but you will need to split camp. You can find spots in hallways to set camp where no mob roams by, and we explored a little without finding see-invis even they might be some.
Have been there with J1-Merc, Shaman, Nec, Pala, Druid. Pala should be around 4k AC. Apart from an almost-wipe from a "nice" pull merc did all healing.
If you can efford the expenses for the merc I think the overall XP will might be more with merc out and shaman contributing dps.

Somwhere I found a statement about XP boni and saved it to Desktop. Don't remember the source. Merc take same XP-share as a player, but XP-Bonus for the bigger Group plus the faster kills should make up for the share.

Trio+(2)Mercs/(4)PC's+(1)Merc/(5)PC's would be your case. So with merc in group you will gain 4% less of XP per kill than without the merc. But if the Merc can handle all healing, the shaman may will be capable to speed up killing by more than 4%.

quote:
Adding a merc should have the exact same impact on the exp you gain as adding another PC.
Solo (1 PC, no mercs): You get 100% of the exp given for killing Mob01.

Solo+Merc/Duo (1 PC and 1 Merc OR 2 PC's): Just like adding a PC, adding the merc grants a 20% bonus to total exp given by the mob. That exp is then split between you and the merc, giving each of you @60%. This means that adding a second player or a merc results in @40% less exp per kill than if you had solo'd the mob. So, purely from and exp standpoint, you would need to kill @40% faster to get the same overall rate of exp gain as you would have solo.

Duo+(1)Merc/Trio (2 PC's and 1 Merc OR 3 PC's): Adding the third player/merc grants another 20% bonus to the total exp given, which is then split 3 ways, giving each player @47%. This means you get @53% less exp per kill than you would have gotten had you solo'd the mob, or, @13% less exp per kill than you would have gotten duoing the mob.

Duo+(2)Mercs/Trio+(1)Merc/(4)PC's: Adding the forth player/merc grants another 20% bonus to the total exp given, which is then split 4 ways, giving each player @40%. This means you get @60% less exp per kill than you would have gotten had you solo'd the mob, @20% less exp per kill than you would have gotten duoing the mob, or @7% less than you would have gotten had you trio'd the mob.

Trio+(2)Mercs/(4)PC's+(1)Merc/(5)PC's: Adding the fifth player/merc grants another 20% bonus to the total exp given, which is then split 5 ways, giving each player @36%. This means you get @64% less exp per kill than you would have gotten had you solo'd the mob, @24% less exp per kill than you would have gotten duoing the mob, @11% less than you would have gotten had you trio'd the mob, or @4% less than you would have gotten with 4 in the group (including mercs).

Trio+(3)Mercs/(4)PC's+(2)Mercs/(5)PC's+(1)Merc/(6)PC's: The sixth player/merc is "free" (as far as exp goes). Each player gets the same exp per kill as they would have gotten had you killed the mob with five. So, if you typically run around as a member of a 5-man group, adding a merc to the group will not reduce the exp gained per kill, the same as if you had added a sixth player.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Need a new lesson spot

Postby Turgor » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Great Info Kumudil, I never knew how the percents broke down.

I'm assuming this is for groups where people are all the same levels.
Because I've been told when there is a level discrepancy it changes how these will work. Is it that the percents are changed(as in a higher toon will get more xp), or is it that the total experience based off the highest person in the group. Say one mob cons Dark Blue to a level 85 and White to an 82, how is that experience handed out? Is it the equivalent of a Dark Blue for both? or Does the 85 just garner more exp per mob?
Turgor

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing