[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Hot Zone Question - RoI

Hot Zone Question - RoI

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Hot Zone Question - RoI

Postby Aetemius » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Level 70 Ruins of Illsalin

Question about this hot zone.
I've been exping here for quite some time, either soloing or duoing. It's quite nice soloing, I can usually get 5-6 aa per lesson burn if I'm really hustling. I just read that mobs in Illsalin (specifically the squid heads or shiliskin undead mobs) have cast on them. Is this A) true? and B) dispellable with ?

I'm wondering if this is true, would it take more then 1 cast? Is there a way to tell if it actually dispells a buff? I'm also wondering if all of the mobs have it like GoD, or is it selective?

It would make soloing there so much easier with mobs having 300 less AC, 50% less haste and lowering the minimum and overall damage modifier.
Aetemius

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main

Postby Eirgorn » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes.... I like GRRMartin and Im not too creative =D
Eirgorn

Server: Bristlebane

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I always pulled with Nullify when I XP'd in Illsalin. If I remember correctly though, they cast it on themselves and others. If you pull them soon as they spawn, they don't have it. They only have it when given time to cast it.

One nullify is enough and since you pull with it, the slow cast time isn't an issue.
Kneesmasher

Postby dindaur » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Grants » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 am

Grants

Server: Antonius-Bayle

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:23 am

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.
Zyba

Postby Aetemius » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:23 am

Aetemius

Paladin Main

Postby Aetemius » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 am

Aetemius

Paladin Main

Re:

Postby Naluken » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Hot Zone Question - RoI

Postby Theka » Fri May 02, 2008 12:42 pm

when i xp'd in that zone i didnt bother with the shilskin they were not worth the effort the undead drachnids were lots easier but then again i didnt kno they self buffed bolster lol... i still think if i take alts back there id stick to drachnids or the orcs though
Theka

Server: Quellious

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 am

A few corrections regarding Bolster, from my own observations and experience; first of all, not all the shiliskin cast it. As far as I can tell it's a "wis caster" spell, meaning only healers might cast it - an Illsalin war chaplain and a few others (a named or two as well); it's fairly obvious from their names. The thing is they also buff their mates with it, and they're a rather common spawn. As far as I can tell, none of the zombies actually cast it, but there's 1-2 shiliskin patrollers that walk through the arena spectator area and cast it on every zombie they can find.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Sun May 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Zombies may not cast the exact same spell, but they do cast one similar to it I believe. I have dispelled them on pull, only to find I had agroed too many, so I had to FD, and they do recast it on themselves (I do not remember the exact name of the spell that they cast though).
Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Oyvay » Mon May 05, 2008 10:23 am

I pull with dispell... and don't have problems. I usually will hit it again with dispell before it gets to camp and the mob self buffs are gone.
Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing