[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Yesak's guide to flower farming

Yesak's guide to flower farming

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Yesak's guide to flower farming

Postby Yesak » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 am

Been thinking about this for a while now. Seems like the new potions are the best way to get to 300, by far more reasonable than anything before. I have gotten from 200 to 230 in about 300-400 combines. I got AM3 so i dont fail as much as i would otherwise. I still get about 75% success with the lvl X potions.

This guide should net you 2 things.
1) Enough flowers to keep you full of potions (I currently have 100 doses of the clarity X potion sitting in bank because I cant get rid of them fast enough)
2) Enough plat so that you wont be breaking your bank trying to get to 300 (If your like me, I only have a few k plat in the bank)

To start off with, I suggest farming or buying an Obtenebrate Short Sword () for snares. Give it to dogdog and he'll normally proc once per fight and thats all you really need. On Prexus, i find the sword for less than 400 plat. Its a lifesaver where we're going. I tried using our snare potions, didnt work so well. Had a hard time trying to move back far enough to use them before the mob ran off and it really wasnt worth the price. Killing thousands of frogs means you need thousands of snare potions. Much cheaper to just give dogdog a snare weap.

Now that you got your snare weap, head to Old Sebillis. Can run there from PoK -> FoB -> EJ -> TT -> OS or get a port to EJ and skip FoB. Dont worry about KEI or cleric buffs for the most part. They get dispelled and the frogs are pretty weak anyway. I keep 30 doses or so of clarity X with me to use instead of KEI, same mana regen.

Once in OS, summon pet and buff him and urself up. I go for max dex on pet, that means IOS + dex buff instead of wunshi. It gives slightly more dex and pet's stats start so low that every bit helps. I finish off dogdog's buffs with might, diaku, SLTW, FA and spirit quickening. I know the hastes dont stack but it gives str or dex or somethin so I keep it on. Give pet the snare weap and get ready to bash some frogs.

I like to use leopard down here. The 300 DD will chop down the frogs really fast. You can single pull most of the mobs with slow, but I'm lazy and I just charge em. The frogs should be quite weak and once slowed shouldnt put up much of a fight. The frogs we are looking for are the casters. The frogs wearing chainmail. The wizards and shamans (I have great luck with shamans dropping them) drop the nodding blue lily's. The knights drop wax flowers, which are useless I think.

My favorite spot to camp is the disco. Have had great luck there. Lots of named to give a good change of pace (keeps it from getting too boring when your working on your 6th hour down there). EQatlas has a map that shows where disco is if you dont really know. The frogs should drop more plat and gems than it costs to use all the flowers that you farm. It will be close but I have yet to run out of money doing it this way. Also, some of the drops can sell for quite a bit still. Tolan's Darkwood Bracer still sells for 9k or so on Prexus. The bracer isnt lore so you can farm as many as you want.

Just keep clearing disco and you will get around 20-30 flowers an hour if not more. Plenty of mobs, I cant keep it all clear solo with leopard. I'm not that uber yet. Constantly more mobs to pull so never waitin on spawns if your DPS is like mine.

If you dont think you can handle all the spawns, or if disco is just camped at the time that you came into OS, there is another option. I've had decent luck killing around the upper zone out (UZO). I clear from ent down to UZO, kill anything that i see isnt camped, clear to the actual zone pad, pad out, zone back in and repeat. I'm normally waiting on spawns, but UZO seems to spawn quite a few wizards and shamans. Drop rate is higher than in disco, but not as many mobs so less plat.

As for making the potions..... for all of them you need 5 small vials, 1 hemlock powder, 1 flower and 1 other. It depends on what you are making.

Clarity: Katuka Bark
Healing (HoT): Gerti Blossom
Health: Centenialspore
Haste: Arnworth
Healing: Tregrum

Vials and the variable part can be bought at the potion merchant in PoK. The Hemlock powder is bought in the Abysmal Sea from Lita Hegeway. Can find her on the north boat, 1 deck down from where you start. Use the find button. If that doesnt work, jump to a different deck and then try it. Hope this helps.

Well, thats about all I can think of right now. If anyone has any comments, feel free. If you think its good, i'll edit it when I think of somethin new. Or if you think that I just wasted my time writing this, tell me so I dont do it again :P
Last edited by Yesak on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 pm

Good post! Some misinformation though...

First, and this is a minor thing, pets are capped on +Dex. They just start with such low stats that the buffs and gear you give him won't reach any cap. Every bit will help, just like buffing a newbie with full Banded armor. Personally, I go for Wunshi for the boost in survivability. Farrel's Companion only sports 3kish hp, so the extra hundreds help him out a lot. If I know I'm going to be using doggie a lot, I also go out of my way to get him a . Between that and Focus, +1330 hp is a 40% gain in durability for the little guy.

Second thing is proc rates. The delay of your weapon, including haste or doubleattack or whatever else increases how many swings you take, anything... none of it affects how much damage is dealt by procs, including Maw line. Casting Leopard on yourself is the same damage potential as casting on a monk or rogue or anything, as long as you're both attacking all the time. You'd have to have a delay of 100-120+ or something to see a reduction in Maw damage.

The Steel Warrior has some pretty intensive proc threads:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... php?t=5570

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... php?t=5656

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... php?t=3688

Their Library is a good one :) You can also look up various threads related to "Shakerpaging", since those are very concerned with proc rates.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Yesak's guide to flower farming

Postby GheffGutterbrains » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:32 pm

What my can do for you!
GheffGutterbrains

Server: Luclin (Veeshan)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Ochi » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:17 am

I have been farming them recently also, good post with good advice, but i don't bother with snare, just keep more than one frog on you at a time and they don't run away.
Ochi

Server: Bertoxx

Postby Yesak » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:34 am

Edited, and I personally like the snare weap. Just a personal preference. Have had lots of frogs run from me and snare weap seems to solve the problem. Its an automatic thing, I dont have to think about root or snare or pulling. Dogdog will just proc it. I'm lazy 8)
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Grizlor » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:26 pm

Grizlor - Barbarian Shaman, 7th (EQ) (Oh god this game)
Blob - Dwarf Shaman, Eonar (WoW)
Grizlor

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Lickity » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:31 pm

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Gruog » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:20 am

Gruog Voodoocaster
70 Shaman Prexus (aka Terris-Thule aka Bertoxx)
Immortal Wrath's tokken shaman.
Gruog

Postby brett_sc » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 am

Nice guide. I just managed 30 drops / hour 2 boxing at disco (over 8 hours), I dont think you'll average that soloing. Also note, krup/ills casters rarely drop lillies; you need to stick to the lower level stuff.
brett_sc

Postby Caanus Grey » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:28 pm

I think you'll find you are using your snare potions wrong. Go grab yourself a dusty Soriz Workers pouch, or at least a bracer of hammerfall to solve the expense problem
Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Postby Luddaen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Luddaen

Server: Cazic-Thule

Postby Yesak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:46 pm

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Halyburton » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:20 pm

Halyburton

Server: Bertoxx-Saryrn

Shaman Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:44 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby dohrian » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:18 am

, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:02 am

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:48 am

Good call; thread split.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:53 am

Crap, I was going to log in and get me some alchemy stuff, but the patch is today. :(
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby shamy60 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:58 am

i really like the snare weapon for pet, and can prevent a mob to gate :wink:

i prefer to give my pet wunshi and all other buff who can stack, with conviction and he can tank way better,when we got adds),mean less healage and can prevent our (buffed pet) to die...............
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Yerm » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:26 am

Yerm

Server: Bertox

Postby Faulcker » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:39 pm

Faulcker Ruinsyourlands
Scaled Prophet of Fear
Mithaniel Marr / Saryrn
Faulcker

Server: Saryrn

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:31 pm

Forage botting is only conditionally in violation of the EULA, based on the mechanism used to accomplish it.

The parts of various macro/bot programs that are against the rules are those that either modify the EQ Client, or interfere in client/server communications. Hacks like warping, looting bodies from anywhere in zone, instant gating, sending hundreds of complex tradeskill combination commands per minute, etc (zek players could tell you more) are violations of this sort. They're highly detectable and anyone using them *will* be immediately and irrevocably banned.

Packet sniffers like the sort that ShowEQ uses to give people "tracking" that even includes GMs are of marginal legality. They're certainly against the spirit of the EULA, but legally, any information transmitted to your computer is yours. Packet sniffers legitimately monitor against unwanted intrusion from worms and the like, so it's merely the use of that information that Sony can object to. Indignant objection aside, ShowEQ and other programs like it are undetectable. You can't be caught or punished for thier use unless you, like, invite GM-Admins into your house to show them. Then you deserve your suspension for being dumb~

The tools most people use for forage botting don't even do what I describe above. Have you watched The Simpson's cartoon? In one episode, Homer sets up a little nodding birdie toy to do his job for him by repeatedly pecking the OK key on his safety machine. On the show this leads to disaster when the toy falls over, but that's not material here, I'm after that bird. See, people who have highly repetetive simple tasks to do in EQ (say, pushing one button for 12-18 hours at a time?) have found ways to automate it. Whether it's motor operated lego toys (oh yes, my roommate four and a half years ago did that one :P), or rubberbanding the {X} on a game pad, or running , the effect is just replacing your human finger pushing the button. There is nothing shady about this. No modification of the client, no interference with client-server communications, not even something shady like packet-sniffing. It's as within-bounds as using a fork on spaghetti instead of sticking your face in the bowl.

Officialdom does still discourage unattended botting. Kids that never ever violated curfew probably shouldn't start it up at bedtime and come back after work the next day. It could lead to bad behavior like tearing the tags off pillows, or something.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sustenon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:30 am

Sustenon

Postby Bamoman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:32 pm

Bamoman

Server: Quellious

Postby Yesak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:24 am

The name is Lita Hegeway, edited first post to include that. Thanks for the question 8)
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Bamoman » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:09 pm

thx for the fast reply )

Bamoman
Bamoman

Server: Quellious

How do you use the thrown potions like Snare, etc ?

Postby Keileen » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:33 pm

Keileen

Postby Yesak » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:47 pm

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Keileen » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:06 pm

Keileen

Postby Scowls » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:42 pm

with breathe of astrangus, seb farming has changed a ton. put pet on hold, and run to the bottom of one side or the other, stopping once and a while to tag a caster with slow. once you get a decent size train that you are happy with, hit up a corner and wtch the frogs pile up. I cast ae slow, panther dogdog, and the BoA. recast on BoA isnt too bad, between resets i toss out slows, maybe a single target dot on the odd ball frog that isnt getting hit by boa. epic vlicks can heal you thru it if your taking too much dmg.
Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Boleslav » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:57 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:03 am

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Yesak » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:07 pm

DS potions are somewhat of a waste of time here, what with all the annuling mobs. especially if you are solo AEing seb...although they seem to go for kei/conviction first, sence/tribunal next, then wunshi and fort, clickies usually poof spuratically in the first 1-2 annuls).
yeah i know that mobs annull is supposedly like our in that it removes counters starting at the first buff slot...but spend sometime around annulling mobs and you'll see what i mean, there is a deffinite pattern to the buffs that always poof first.
not sure where any DS's are in this, as i only use worn and JBB ds clicky. plus if your going for all out kill fast, AEing is the way to go, dogdog with panther, or myself with panther, is nothing compared to BoA aimed at 70 frogs...plus i would rather not turn on attack and eat 70 repostes per swing. boa, VS, hot/heal...rinse repeat
Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Zillanex » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:14 am

Nice guide, but i do have a question :)
Since i'm only lvl 52 are these potions worth working on for me? i can't do the fancy pull half the zone and have dogdog chew
em to bits. since he is like lvl 38 that would take forever :) he is also to low to proc the snare weapon, hmm or would work?

I can kill the entrance mobs in sebilis but killing the first 8 might give 0 lilys so not eaxaclty fast, the few lilys i got i was stupid
enough to sell for 15pp :(

Wasted around 15-16k going from 101 -> 205 skill, those titan potions where at least rather cheap at 10pp/combine, after that
it started to cost, 350ish pp for the component and a 10 dose sell back for a whooping 9pp :(

So far the only potions that i make a small profit on is sow and ds potions, neither sells very fast though so no quick cash, i guess
gate and illusion potions might sell to
Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:41 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Zillanex » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:34 am

Zillanex