Stats to max for skill-ups

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Stats to max for skill-ups

Postby klona » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:06 pm

As an ogre, it seems I will hit 255 str before I hit 255 wis. Seems like I remember smithing being able to use str if wis or int was lower. Is the same true for Alachemy?

Thanks for any info!
klona

Postby ThraallFV » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:03 pm

no, smithing takes strength, hence the working.
Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV
Disgruntle Shaman

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Go to the bazaar and buy some cheap +wis armor that you can keep in the bank and only put on when you are doing an alchemy skillup run.
The Macnair Video
Master Artisan (300 x 8 skills)
Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Catmandew » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Also bearform adds a few to wisdom if you are not at your cap.
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby klona » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks for the help and the tip of are sets just for wisdom.
klona

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Don't forget to get enc buffs also as it will help your wis.
WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby klona » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks for that tip too. Forgot about int/wis buffs. Forgot about clr and shm buffs too lol.

You know, when I am done re-learning this game, I am gonna write an updated guide and post it!
klona

Postby Samanna » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Please do!
Your one and only, historically accurate Samanna, baby!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby SBBD » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 am

Thats just like an ogre to try and use str to make a potion,I guess he thinks if he beats on it enough it will make it work.
SBBD

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Kellenial » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:31 am

SBBD wrote:Thats just like an ogre to try and use str to make a potion,I guess he thinks if he beats on it enough it will make it work.

Hey, it could work! And if you use glass vials, it can be an excuse to work up bind wounds. :) (i'm on a kick right now to raise even the least useful skills right now. And what could be less useful than bind wounds to a shaman? :) )
Kellenial, Spiritwalker of the Tribunal
Black Tower
Tunare Server
Kellenial

Server: Tunare

Postby Catmandew » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:41 am

Kellenial wrote:
SBBD wrote:Thats just like an ogre to try and use str to make a potion,I guess he thinks if he beats on it enough it will make it work.

Hey, it could work! And if you use glass vials, it can be an excuse to work up bind wounds. :) (i'm on a kick right now to raise even the least useful skills right now. And what could be less useful than bind wounds to a shaman? :) )

Raising Innate INT.
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Sowslow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 am

Kellenial wrote:

Begging.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sydena » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:57 am

Thanks for the good chuckle this morning.

Really keep some cheap bazaar gear with Wis, get enc buffs and get clicking that's the best thing to do. If you have random wis augs from LDON toss them on your cheap wis gear too =) I did that for awhile till I had max stats.
Sydena /Krysteina

Shaman Officer of Ring of Valor
Sydena

Server: Bristlebane / Maryland

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby klona » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Why you tink I carry BIG HAMMER?!
klona

Postby Dakota » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Sowslow wrote:
Kellenial wrote:

Begging.

BiC
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 am

Going back to the original point for this post, here's a summary from what I remember:

All tradeskills use the highest stat available. For most it's out of wisdom or intelligence, but some have an additional stat. For tradeskills with an additional stat, it's the highest out of wis/int and that other stat that counts.

Smithing is strength
Tailoring is dexterity
Fletching is dexterity

I think that's all, though I personally think that brewing should be the highest out of wis, int and alcohol tolerance. :)

Alchemy doesn't have an extra stat, so it's the highest out of wis and int. It's shaman only, so wisdom is the only realistic choice.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Kellenial » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:14 am

Catmandew wrote:
Kellenial wrote:

Raising Innate INT.

Yeah, that's up there. But right now, I'm still using AAs for more useful things (only have 750 or so). But yes, Innate INT is on the list to eventually see the love too. :)

As for Begging....I've already worked it up for BiC range 6+ months ago. Just need to finish it off. Although pretty useless, I still place it more useful than bind wounds...especially since we're a healing class that can canni. It would be a VERY sad day to see us binding wounds instead of using alternate methods at our disposal to heal...unless we're working the skill up.
Kellenial

Server: Tunare

Postby Walknot » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:27 pm

Bang it with a hammer till it fixed.
If it don't fix, then it too broke to be fixed.
WalkNot SoSoftly<br>Innoruuk/The Nameless<br><font color=red>Elder Prophet of War</font><br>"I am not sunshine, I am dark and grey, for this life of sins I live, each day I pay".
Moemo 85 Berserker
Toeto 85 Magician
Noeno 85 Wizard
Walknot

Postby Samanna » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:11 pm

I remember zoning out of Unrest and binding wounds on the tank... for some reason.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Hmmmm.

You didn't have cannibalize yet, so you were oom, so you sat next to the tank to med and bind wounds at the same time?
Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Alchemy