Foraging for alchemy

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Foraging for alchemy

Postby mackilvenny » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:18 am

I've been stuck on my alchemy at 220 for some time now :cry: , I'm a casual player so really dont level that fast - and dont really mind, I had thought that I was at a stage where I need drops to make anything that I can skill up on (and at 46 am a little low for farming the grey etc). However a guildie was telling me the other day that there are several drops for alchemy that you can forage (unfortunately they were in the middle of camping when they said this)- which is handy as I have a 46 RNG who desperately needs to practice his forage skill - does anyone have a list of foraged alchemy ingredients or zones I should head to?

Cheers
mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:32 am

I believe that Nodding Blue Lillies can be foraged in the Dreadlands.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kellenial » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:41 am

You may be a little low for farming the drops yourself, but have you ever thought of farming the plat and buying what you need in the bazaar? I'm not sure if you'll make a profit that way, but it has possibilities, and at 46, there are some places you can farm and get some fair money. Now whether they're available is a different issue...
Kellenial, Spiritwalker of the Tribunal
Black Tower
Tunare Server
Kellenial

Server: Tunare

Postby Vithtiz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 am

At 46 you should be able to farm deepwater inks in Kedge Keep (grab an enduring breath item, /rude underwater zones). Inks are used to make level IX potions and will take you past 220 a ways. Lillies are indeed foraged in dreadlands but it is a painfully slow process to get them since they are a semi rare forage; unless you are one of the unsavory folks who afk forages. Or, to get the inks you could drag a group to Sirens Grotto, I think at your level that should be viable plus not to shabby experience either. And Red Cups (i think they are for the lvl VIII potions, at work so cant look up atm) are gotten in DoN zones, mainly broodlands iirc. But in the long run, you may be better off farming areas with nice gem drops, etc, to gather the plat to buy the materials outright through the baz if you are serious about raising you alchemy. Skill ups get fewer and farther between post 200 so the materials you need to get the skill ups are needed in greater quantities than before.
The Bot
Verroth

Shambot 1.0 of Darkreaper Verroth on Bertox
Vithtiz

Server: Bertox

Postby Boleslav » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 am

Kedge sounds good. Or, perhaps a group farming Seb for lillies and gems. Would be good experience at your level, but would need a few folks a bit higher to make it work.

Boleslav
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby mackilvenny » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:54 am

Cheers for the replies :D

Think I'll be heading to kedge then, my ranger was going to do his raincaller quest and needs to go there anyway, might try and get my seb key too.
mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Alchemy